The Chemical Applications Engineer will establish relationships with customers for various applications using appropriate reactors and support the development and commercialization of a range of compact heat exchanger/reactor devices. They will focus on identifying suitable chemical reaction applications for the product range, developing market opportunities and implementing initial hardware sales.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Identify opportunities for Chart’s reactors within suitable chemical reaction processes, especially FT process, and develop a strategy for their commercial introduction to the selected client base.
• Serve as the main contact with customers in cultivating these products. The person is expected to represent Chart well by demonstrating knowledge, insight and diplomacy in all customer contacts.
• Conceive and develop new devices as may be required to suit specific applications
• Prepare prototype, pilot and commercial proposal packages to include technical specifications, pricing and delivery. Coordinate this activity with others inside and outside the development department.
• Support marketing efforts by organizing and making presentations to customers, sales seminars, professional conferences and/or other events.
• Coordinate related projects of interest and other duties as assigned.
Experience, Education & Skills
• Bachelor of Science degree in Chemical Engineering.
• At least five years of work experience with specific practice in chemical process application, metallurgy or manufacturing, preferred with knowledge or experience in FT process.
• Excellent interpersonal, communications (oral, written, listening), and presentation skills essential.
• Driven with the ability to accomplish goals in a timely manner.
• Organized and a logical thinker.
• Possess a high level of versatility and have the ability to understand customer needs.
• Team player who is able to work well with people at all levels of an organization, including customers and field sales personnel.
• Candidate must be willing to travel up to 10% of the time to meet with customers.
• Experience in thermal design of heat exchangers.
• Advanced degree in Engineering or Material Science.
• Familiarity with chemical process industries related to possible product applications for heat exchange reactors.
• Experience interacting with customers.
• Ability to speak a foreign language.
We offer a competitive benefit package, including tuition assistance and incentive bonus opportunities.
If you are interested in joining the Chart Energy & Chemical team, please send your cover letter, resume and unofficial transcript to: email@example.com
Chart Industries, Inc. (Chart) is an independent manufacturer of engineered equipment used in the production, storage and end-use of...