Veolia Environmental Services delivers the industry’s most comprehensive array of services with a focus on keeping our customer’s plant operating at peak performance. We leverage three decades of experience, superior technological capabilities and best-in-class equipment to provide unmatched integrated solutions designed to help our customers work with greater speed and efficiency than ever before, on time and on budget.
The Chemical Cleaning Technician position requires traveling between and to remote work sites, with overnight stay required. The length of time away varies with each job – the average stay is two weeks away. Individuals are expected to report to work as scheduled, on-time, dressed properly and with the required safety equipment. Successful candidates will be able to work well in team environments, participate in continuous improvement activities, perform job duties in a safe manner; and maintain a clean and safe work environment.
1. Operate chemical cleaning equipment with limited supervision; working knowledge of basic equipment used in industry.
2. Drive company vehicles to and from the job site.
3. Inspect company vehicles, equipment and tools before leaving and after returning to base site. Document any deficiencies using appropriate report/process/forms and ensure delivery to appropriate place/person.
4. Participate in inspection activities at job site before starting work. Assist in inspecting all equipment and the general work area prior to starting any job. Inform supervisor (or designated person) of deficiencies, which may cause accidents, injuries, lost productivity or anything that is different from the work order or stated customer’s requirements.
5. Load chemicals and equipment required for assigned job onto truck. (Necessary materials to be designated by supervisor)
6. Responsible for the proper setup, operating and rigging down of all equipment at job site. Ensure that job site is clean before leaving; ensure all trash is removed from vehicles.
7. Wear personal protective equipment (PPE) as defined by Velia policy, posted signs, written instructions, work permits, customer or job requirements, specified by Veolia supervisor or designated individual or customer’s safety representative.
8. Promote safety through own actions and work habits. Report all accidents and near misses, involving self, company vehicles or other job personnel to supervisor immediately. Perform Hazard Recognition Awareness activities to remove all hazards from the workplace. Understands that failure to do so can lead to immediate termination.
9. Complete and timely submit all paperwork required to perform duties in their entirety which may include: driver’s log, time sheets, or documentation of work performed.
10. Perform other job duties as assigned.
High school diploma or GED
Have a reliable phone number to be contacted for work assignments
Valid drivers license
Able to pass a physical, and ability to lift 50 pounds
Able to pass a criminal background and drug screening
Able to read and understand English verbal and written, safety signs
Ability to function productively as part of a team
Highly Desired - CDL (Commercial Driver’s License); Veolia will pay for training
Veolia Environmental Services - 21 months ago