Title: Admission and Assessment Nurse - LVN
Hours: Full time – 40 hours/week
- Possession of a current LVN license
- BLS certification
- Minimum of two (2) years of professional experience in an Acute Care, Chemical Dependency, or Psychiatric setting
- Prior Admission, Triage or Utilization Review experience is preferred.
- Gathers patient/caller data at time of inquiry call. Provides all pertinent programmatic information necessary for successful patient triage/ admission. Attempts to get a commitment for admission at time of call.
- Completes nursing assessments as assigned, which include obtaining medical and substance use histories, evaluating nursing priorities and completing body system assessments.
- Reports findings to the physician and registered nurse.
- Obtains orders to admit patient from attending physician.
- Consults with physicians, counselors and other team members in making admission/and/or referral decisions.
- Maintains, develops, and enhances referent relationships. Knows who the clients of HVRC are and provides personal service. Anticipates the needs of referents.
- Able to clearly describe the services of Hemet Valley Recovery Center to the public with clarity and expertise. Instills confidence and provides support and education.
- Demonstrates ability in the admitting, and insurance authorization/ follow-up process of chemical dependency patients
- Using clinical expertise provides telephone assessment and counseling to potential patients and family members regarding chemical dependency and treatment options.
- Provides a detailed and comprehensive overview of the treatment program continuum of care with emphasis on the 12-Step and Holistic philosophy of HVRC.
- Provides patient and family with a clear description of program costs and insurance coverage. Seeks a 30-day commitment prior to admission.
- Assists patients in understanding the nature of drug and /or alcohol withdrawal; what to expect, what symptoms to report to the nursing staff.
- Assists patients in understanding and accepting the need for treatment.
- Provides detailed documentation on the Intake Inquiry Form/ Summary Sheet