US - NY - Endicott
This position is for a Line Support Engineer for the Fabrication of Printed Circuit Boards/Laminate Chip Carriers/Semiconductor packages in the plate and other wet process sectors.
Responsibilities to include: daily mfg support, yield management, cost reduction, business excellence support, new product and material process introduction, and process improvement supporting leading edge technology in Fabrication.
- Tactical support of existing process
- Yield monitoring and improvement plans
- New process development and qualification
- Strategic planning for short and long term product capability
- New process equipment procurement and installation activities
- Process improvement, cost competitiveness analysis and generation of project plans
Primary – Copper Plating of Semiconductor packages and via fill process, Wet Process support of pattern plating and resistor formation
Secondary – Wet process support for surface prep prior to lamination and final surface finish (OSP, Precious Metal Plating)
- Process control strategy, FMEA projects, 6 sigma program improvements.
Specific Skills Preferred:
- Chemical engineering background with experience in plating and wet process manufacturing support
- Statistical process controlsPrinted circuit board/Laminate Chip Carrier/Semiconductor Package manufacturing
- Lotus approach and DB2 databases
- Capable of developing new processes for a wide variety of materials.
- Capable of data manipulation, text file editing, in a Windows environment.
- Knowledge of process control methods, to assure high product reliability.
- Ability to provide engineering support to manufacturing, with three shift coverage.
- Ability to work in a team environment with excellent people and leadership skills to work within and across manufacturing, applications, product and process engineeringteams, and interface with equipment and material suppliers.
4 year Engineering Degree in Chemical Engineering or equivalent experience in a fast paced manufacturing environment.
Endicott Interconnect - 8 months ago