Employer will not sponsor visas for position
A Chemical Engineer I is exposed to several areas of the refinery in the Process Technical Support Group gaining knowledge and understanding of the refining process. Chemical Engineers can expect to use analytical skills to troubleshoot, optimize day-to-day operations, and provide technical support to refinery operations personnel.
CITGO’s ATTRACTIVE BENEFITS:
* Competitive Salaries
* Pension Plan
* Medical/Dental/Vision/Life Insurance
* Discretionary Bonus Program
* Educational Assistance Program
* 401(K) Retirement and Savings Plan
* Paid Vacation
Equal Employment Opportunity
• GPA of 3.0 or above (A=4.0)
• Chemical Engineering Degree
• Co-Op/Internship Experience Preferred
• TWIC Eligibility
The Maritime Transportation Security Act requires all persons who will need unescorted access to a regulated facility to have a valid Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC), issued in accordance with the rules established by the United States Coast Guard and the Transportation Security Administration. Candidates selected for employment must meet eligibility criteria to obtain a TWIC card.
The following link lists the eligible criteria for all persons trying to obtain TWIC: http://www.tsa.gov/what_we_do/layers/twic/index.shtm
• Monitor unit operations, analyze long term trends and make recommendations to maximize the economic performance of the units.
• Monitor catalyst performance in catalytic units and make recommendations as to catalyst use and optimization. Make recommendations when required for catalyst replacements.
• Troubleshoot chronic operating problems. Gather and analyze process data to help identify the problem. Recommend corrective action and assist in implementation.
• Provide technical support during unit turnaround.
• Provide process design information to the Project Engineering group for capital projects.
From the get-go CITGO Petroleum has been refining and marketing petroleum products, including jet fuel, diesel fuel, heating oils, and...