About Dyno Nobel
Dyno Nobel, a wholly owned subsidiary of Incitec Pivot Limited, is a global leader in the commercial explosives industry. We provide blasting solutions and quality explosives products throughout North America and Australia, as well as selected customers in the Asia Pacific region. Due to continued results and world-leading innovation, customers in the mining, quarry, construction, pipeline and geophysical exploration industries choose Dyno Nobel.
Reports to: Plant Manager
Responsible for the following:
· Responsible for the safe production of nitroglycerin / ethylene glycol dinitrate processing of mixed and spent nitrating acids and producing ammonium nitrate at the Carthage Plant according to DNNA and plant policies and procedures.
· Defines and resolves plant process problems to insure continuity of operations. Reviews newly developed process modifications and improvements to determine applicability and provides technical backup for capital and expansion efforts.
· Initiative and Creativeness: A very high degree of initiative and creativity is required to plan, direct, control, and follow through on all engineering activities to the successful achievement of the desired objectives.
· Internal Processes: Understanding of processes, strategies and methodologies, production, working in team environment.
· Decision-Making: Must make decision on a frequent basis, which could affect the continuity of operations and the cost performance of the plant. Must make use of sound engineering and management principles in keeping with the overall goals and objectives of the company.
· Drives Improvement.
· Sets specific improvement goals that are realistic but challenging. Measures progression against these goals and communicates the results.
· Develop Others: Ensures all team members have a plan for development that is acted upon and reviewed regularly to ensure knowledge and skills are entrenched.
· Influences Others: Calculates the impact of actions or words for a desired effect and anticipates and prepares for reactions.
1. Ensure compliance with applicable Dyno Nobel Health, Safety, Environmental, and Quality Performance Standards, as well as applicable acts and regulations.
2. Responsible for oversight of all operations in the Acid, NG, Crystallizer and Laboratory Departments.
3. Supports BEx initiatives and ensures participation from all areas of responsibility.
4. Responsible for modification and improvement projects through all phases of design, equipment and material specifications, construction and inspection of new or modified facilities.
5. Troubleshoot and resolve existing plant process problems. Assist with new equipment/plant startups.
6. Solves problems relating to improvement of operating efficiency, plant production capacity and product quality. Prepares design information on assigned projects.
7. Coordinates efforts of contractors working on engineering projects and capital projects with maintenance and production personnel taking into consideration safety, environmental and regulatory aspects of the job.
8. Assist the preparation of the plant capital budget.
9. Prepares CEP requests and provides necessary cost estimates and justification of projects.
10. Maintains data summaries on process conditions to ensure maximum operating efficiencies at lowest possible cost.
11. Conducts performance test and prepares test reports.
12. Prepares cost estimates, analyzes bids and quotations for equipment and construction work and prepares recommendations for selection, reviews vendor drawings and outside engineering design drawings for approval.
13. Other duties as assigned.
· B.S. Degree in Chemical Engineering.
· 2-6 years experience in process engineering projects, plant operations process design, project supervision and economic analyses.
· In addition to the basic degree in engineering, any additional studies in mathematics, engineering, management, economics or business would be a definite asset although not necessarily a prerequisite. Working knowledge of OSHA PSM requirements required.
Work Environment & Physical Conditions:
· Ability to wear and care for applicable personal protective equipment (such as, safety glasses and shoes, respirator, hard hat and ear protection, safety harness) as required by site specific requirements.
· Normal office environment with about 40% of time subject to various chemicals, temperatures, lubricants and varying weather conditions.
· Be available during off hours, including nights and weekends to resolve plant downtime events/issues.
Dyno Nobel is an equal opportunity employer
Being a part of the Dyno Nobel team is a combination of everything that is unique about Dyno Nobel: our culture, our core values, our commitment to safety, but most importantly, it is our people. It is what set us apart from your average employer, and is everything that makes Dyno Nobel a great place to work. At Dyno Nobel, we are committed to equal employment opportunity.
Dyno Nobel does not accept resumes from headhunters, placement agencies, or other suppliers that have not signed a formal agreement with us. Our supplier base is restricted to specified hiring needs. Therefore, any resume received from an unapproved supplier will be considered unsolicited, and Dyno Nobel will not be obligated to pay a referral or placement fee.
Dyno Nobel - 9 months ago
Dyno Nobel Inc. has exploded on the scene and has landed in North America and Australia. Formerly based in Norway, Dyno Nobel was founded...