As our Chemical Engineer, you will join a team focused on driving innovative solutions to the manufacturing problems faced within our research programs. You will be asked to research, develop, and define innovative chemical formulas, processes, materials and equipment for the Manufacturing Innovation team. You will be asked to work on multiple initiatives, focussed on foams, elastomers, and adhesives, within the team as well as cross-functionally within the Nike Matrix. In addition, you will be asked to work with the In-Line Chemical Engineering team, the In-Line Engineering teams, factory partners, and the Manufacturing team/s.
You will drive the chemical processes (both internal and external) for the manufacturing innovation team and be asked to assist the materials researchers within the Manufacturing Innovation teams when necessary. You will also be asked to develop new material formulations, when necessary, to further our process and product capability as well as define the resources required, both internally and externally, to execute within our given timelines.
The Manufacturing Innovation team is seeking a highly motivated individual who is looking for the opportunity to help revolutionize the NIKE business. The ideal candidate will be able to take a high level/vague idea and determine the best potential solution paths based on expertise/research from within and outside of the footwear industry. You will be expected to define new areas of research to support the ideas and projects as well as connect with key contacts both within NIKE and outside. 360370
- Bachelors's Degree in Chemical Engineering, Polymer Science and Engineering, Materials Science, Chemistry, or related technical field. Master's or PhD preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant work experience.
- Experience in a wide range of processes and materials is preferred.
- A proven record of success working with external resources such as universities, material suppliers, and consultants within the USA, Europe, and/or Asia is preferred.
- Ability to be part of complex initiatives and project teams.
- Must be a creative problem solver and innovator.
- Must be self driven, motivated, and able to work independently, within a team, and cross-functionally.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are required.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally up to 10% of the time.
Nike - 20 months ago
NIKE, Inc. (NIKE) is engaged in the design, development and worldwide marketing of footwear, apparel, equipment, and accessory products....