Interest Sub Category:
Engineering - General
Job Title :
Type of Position:
• Bachelor degree in Chemical Engineering or other appropriate engineering discipline.
• Must be or be able to become a Registered Professional Engineer in the State of Louisiana.
• Nine years of experience in refining or chemical industry. Master’s degree in related engineering discipline can substitute for up to two years of work experience. PhD degree in related engineering discipline can substitute for up to three years of experience. Or demonstrated equivalent combination of education, skills, knowledge, abilities and experience.
• Must be proficient in the use of a process simulation tool (HYSYS or ProII) and application of process design methods.
• Able to obtain a Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC).
• Must have working knowledge of refining, gas processing, and/or petrochemical process plant operations.
• Qualified applicants who are offered a position must pass a pre-employment substance abuse test.
The successful candidate will:
• Perform conceptual, preliminary and detail process design of units and unit operations in refineries and petrochemical plants.
• Develop process flow diagrams and P&IDs.
• Size process equipment and prepare data sheets.
• Perform heat and material balance, hydraulic and relief protection calculations.
• Develop process simulation models and optimize designs using commercial process simulation software.
• Serves as a technical specialist for the office in the application of advanced theories, concepts, principles or processes for an assigned area of responsibility (i.e., subject matter, function, type of facility or industry).
• Works on more technical and unique projects.
• Plans and develops segments of engineering projects with unique or controversial problems that have an important effect on major organization programs, which involves exploration of subject area, definition of scope and selection of problems for investigation, and development of novel concepts and approaches.
• Responsible for interfacing with the client on process issues and insuring that the work of other engineering disciplines satisfies process requirements.
For immediate consideration, please submit your resume online at www.urscorp.com and refer to Requisition # IE70214.
URS Corporation - 15 months ago
URS Corporation provides a range of engineering, construction, maintenance, and technical services for customers around the world. Through...