Six months to possible direct hire opportunity for a QC Lab Technician in Newport, DE. The QC Lab Technician will:
- Make safe completion of all tasks and keeping all related training up to date.
- Perform lab analysis and communicate results in a timely fashion to support the manufacturing process.
- Must also ensure accuracy and consistency of data.
- Must be able to perform or cross-train on a variety of lab tests (product performance tests, KF, GC, IR, etc.)
- Perform calibration and selected preventive maintenance of lab equipment.
- Work with lab personnel and contacts to ensure supplies are maintained and instrument maintenance is appropriate for laboratory.
- Participate in continuous improvement efforts within the lab and company (method evaluations, quality functions, quality assurance efforts, etc.)
- Prefer 1-2 years experience with appropriate instrumentation and data interpretation in a production lab environment.
- AS degree in chemical technology preferred.
- Good computer skills required (scientific instrument software, Word, Excel, and Outlook).
- Must be able to work in a team environment with good communication skills including presentations to customers.
- Must have initiative and be self-motivated.
- Good organization skills.
- Ability to work under time pressure on multiple requests.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be able to work an off-shift and weekends with possible call ins- and overtime.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds with the help of coworkers.
Applicants must be US citizens or Green Card holders as we are unable to sponsor H1B visas at the present time.
Offers are contingent on the successful completion of a pre-employment drug screen and background check.
CareerBuilder - 18 months ago
The Franklin Company was established in 1958 to help local, regional and Fortune 500 companies with professional and technical placements...