BASF is proud to be an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
Peekskill Chemical Operator
The Peekskill, NY Pigment manufacturing site is seeking candidates for the position of Chemical Operator. This position is responsible for mixing/blending of materials, operation of process equipment, material handling, instrument monitoring, record keeping, and forklift operation. Must follow all safety procedures and act in a safe manner at all times.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Qualifications - BASF recognizes institutions of Higher Education which are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent
- Follow Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Efficiently operate equipment: adding materials at designated times and observing chemical reactions; monitor gauges, samples and recorders to ensure timely completion of quality batches per production schedule.
- Adjust controls and valves to maintain systems at specified temperature, pressure and speed.
- Maintain housekeeping at excellent levels, keeping the tanks, floor and reactor deck areas clean.
- Required to operate a forklift in a safe manner
- Wear necessary safety equipment and follow company established Safety, Health and Environmental policies and procedures.
Primary Location: United States-New York-Peekskill
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Posses a valid Drivers License
- Be able to pass the BASF Pre-Employment tests
- Experience in a chemical plant or manufacturing environment is a plus.
- Posses intermediate computer skills (Use computerized process system, Internet, email, etc.)
- An understanding and awareness of chemicals and their nature, hazards, safety and health issues etc. (MSDS's, use of PPE etc.) is beneficial
- Physical strength is required to operate manual process equipment. Must meet lifting requirements (50 lbs.) and pass physical requirements.
- Must demonstrate ability to be self-directed working with minimal supervision
- Chemical Operators work a 12 hour shift on a 2,2,3 schedule 24/7
Function: PROD - Production, Maintenance & Technicians
Job Type: Standard
Shift: Night Job
Organization: N-EDN-Dispersions & Pigments North America
BASF is the world’s leading chemical company with over 113,000 employees and close to 370 production sites worldwide. We serve customers and...