Consider joining an exciting production team that provides consumables for Agilent’s growing pharmaceutical and life sciences customer base.
This position is located in Newport, Delaware. Relocation is NOT authorized. This is a first shift opportunity (6:30AM-3:00PM).
Column loading: Column hardware assembly, precision weighing of packing media, measuring specific solvents per loading conditions and set-up of column loading equipment.
Column inspection and testing: Preparation of HPLC instruments, solvents, and test samples for QC testing. Includes identifying column serial numbers, inspection of workmanship, testing each column by sample injection, verifying test data, and recording results.
Column packaging: Packaging of all columns for shipment to the distribution centers. Assembly and packaging of hardware kits and other related consumables. Strict attention to detail to ensure quality shipments to customers, including verification of all paperwork against the product being packaged.
Provides first level troubleshooting and applies corrective action. Works closely with engineering and technical support.
Follows all documented procedures and safety and environmental guidelines, and performs daily housekeeping duties.
Performs other functions as requested by supervision.
Mandatory overtime required at times.
Agilent Technologies is a global, diversified technology company, with 30,000 people focused on creating instruments for the communications, electronics and life sciences industries.
At our Delaware sites, located midway between Baltimore and Philadelphia, we have 800 people inventing, designing, building and marketing products that dominate the market for chemical analysis. Our products are frequently behind the headlines in the news, from environmental regulations to new drug discoveries to Homeland Security. You'll even see our instruments on television shows like "CSI".
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment.
- Demonstrated strong communication and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated ability to read and understand written procedures and instructions.
- Demonstrated ability to perform basic math (add, subtract, multiply, divide, ratios, weights & measures).
- Demonstrated ability to make timely decisions.
- Experience with troubleshooting and applying corrective actions.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain accurate records.
- Experience working with computers: keyboarding, Windows environment.
- Demonstrated ability to manipulate small parts, manual dexterity.
- Required to bend, stoop, and reach.
- Required to remain standing for extended periods of time.
- No known allergies to chemicals used in the work area.
- May be required to lift materials per entity specified and approved limits.
- May be required to participate in medical/screening or monitoring programs.
Agilent is an equal opportunity employer
- Basic PC skills: spreadsheets, word processing, databases.
- Previous manufacturing experience in an ISO certified environment.
Products from Agilent Technologies have a measurable effect on the scientific world. A leading maker of scientific testing equipment,...