Company: World’s leading biorefiner of pine chemicals
Position: Chemical Process Engineer
Reports To: Production Superintendent
Location: Akron, Ohio
Compensation: Base $ 80,000+/- plus Bonus (Commensurate with Experience)
Benefits: Comprehensive Insurance, Relocation and Retirement Package
OUR CLIENT: Is the world’s leading biorefiner of pine chemicals. They provide natural pine-based materials to our customers in many diverse markets including adhesives, inks, coatings, road marking, tires & rubber, personal care, lubricants, fuel additives, mining and oilfield.
IDEAL CHEMICAL PROCESS ENGINEER CANDIDATE Will Bring To The Table:
in order to maximize product quality, production and compliance to schedule in order to meet customer requirements.
- BS in Chemical Engineering coupled with a minimum of 5 years experience in the chemical or related industries
- Technical trouble shooting expertise to support the manufacturing process meeting goals of yield, quality, environmental & safety policies etc
- Prior Supervisory experience would be a PLUS
- DCS experience & expertise to support the manufacturing process
- Working knowledge of corrective, preventive, and predictive maintenance.
- Knowledge of product raw materials and their impact on the production process and the finished product .
- Experience performing DCS activities involving Delta V & ProVox systems
KEY DELIVERABLES :
- Chemcical Process Engineer provides the technical trouble shooting expertise to support the manufacturing process in meeting the department goals of yield, compliance to schedule, quality and up-time and includes compliance with all environmental and safety policies and procedures.
- Performs DCS activities involving Delta V and ProVox systems
- The Chemical Process Engineer identifies and implements process optimization and reliability improvements within the assigned unit, executes appropriate capital and expense projects and insures that the capital and expense projects meet expected financial and timeline criteria.
- Responsible for performing DCS duties in order to maximize product quality, production and compliance to schedule in order to meet customer requirements.
- Provides back-up coverage for unit supervisors and the superintendent and has on-call responsibility.
- BS in Chemical Engineering
- Minimum 5 years experience in the chemical or related industries
- Experience with DCS – Delta V or ProVox
- Prior supervisory experience preferred
- Knowledge of product raw materials and their impact on the production process and the finished product.
- Ability to plan and schedule effectively.
- Understand corrective, preventive, and predictive maintenance.
- Proficient in the use of a personal computer (e.g., spread sheet and statistical applications, e-mail, word processing).
- Proven ability to read, interpret and analyze data to support decision-making.
Qualified Candidates Email Resume in MSWord to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Provide technical trouble shooting expertise to support the manufacturing process.
- Provide DCS expertise to support the manufacturing process.
- Ensure compliance with all environmental and safety policies and procedures.
- Identify & address product quality & availability issues to ensure customer needs are met.
- Identify and implement process reliability improvements within the assigned unit.
- Apply engineering principles to reduce costs through improved efficiencies, energy use reduction & yield improvements.
- Start up new equipment and train employees on its safe operation.
- Direct shutdown activities to minimize plant and equipment downtime.
- Serve on various task, business or operating teams as needed.
About The River Group
Resumes presented to The River Group are never submitted to a client company unless the candidate authorizes the submission of the resume and agrees to become a candidate for the position.
After your resume is submitted to the company you will be assisted in every way possible throughout the recruiting process, including preparation for the telephone and personal interview, gathering references, evaluating offers and managing the negotiations
Monster - 22 months ago