Company: A rapidly growing petrochemical manufacturing company
Position: Chemical Process Engineer (JS-076-13)
Reports To: Lead Process Engineer
Location: Victoria, TX (Area)
Compensation: Base Salary $ 70,000 +/- (Commensurate with Experience)
Benefits: Comprehensive Insurance, Relocation and Retirement Package
OUR CLIENT: Develops, manufactures and markets refinery chemicals, phenol and polymers. Company’s products are used in home and industrial applications and are marketed in the United States, Canada, Europe and the Far East.
IDEAL CHEMICAL PROCESS ENGINEER CANDIDATE Will Bring To The Table:
- BS in Chemical Engineering coupled with a minimum of 5 years of polyolefin manufacturing plant experience preferred
- Strong technical, communication and leadership skills
- Previous plant experience in polyolefin manufacturing, preferably in Spheripol or Unipol polypropylene technology preferred
- Working knowledge of MOC’s, PSM, PHA’s, P & IDs, PFD’s, Improvement Projects and experience working in a plant (PP or PE preferred) and Six Sigma experience preferred
- Experience performing Plant Operations Optimization Studies and in taking the lead in their design and implementation to increase efficiency and production while reducing costs
- Experience in reviews of designs prepared by outside engineering contractors, vendors, fabrications and manufacturers.
- Experience providing strategic technical support of the day-to-day plant operations and maintenance departments
- Provide strategic, technical support of to the day-to-day plant operations and maintenance departments
- Drive process improvements for facility optimization and improving reliability, yield, variable cost, and energy performance
- Maintain ownership of benchmarking and develop and implement plans to address gaps
- Support capital group for process design on projects and debottleneck opportunities
- Support Process Safety by leading/participating in PHA/LOPA evaluations and driving completion of compliance related action items
- Support the Innovation & Technology group by leading/participating in planning and executing plant trials for new products, catalysts and technologies for the plant
- Perform process simulations to establish baselines, simulate modifications, and estimate performance enhancements to existing plant operations.
- Perform and check design calculations and equipment sizing.
- Perform Plant Operations Optimization Studies and monitor key performance indicators to determine if existing assets are performing to expectations. When opportunities for improvement are identified the Process Engineer will take the lead in their design and implementation to increase efficiency and production while reducing costs.
- Prepare project design scopes in support of capital projects, commercial development, and plant optimization.
- Participate in reviews of designs prepared by outside engineering contractors, vendors, fabricators, and manufacturers.
- Support and monitor field construction activities to ensure compliance with contract drawings and specifications.
Preferred Skills :
- BS in Chemical Engineering with minimum 5 years polyolefin manufacturing plant experience preferred.
- Strong technical skills with ability to work collaboratively with other departments.
- Self starter who works well in cross functional teams.
- Excellent communication skills and leadership abilities.
Qualified Candidates Email Resume in MSWord to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Previous plant experience in polyolefin manufacturing, preferably in Spheripol or Unipol polypropylene technology.
About The River Group
Resumes presented to The River Group are never submitted to a client company unless the candidate authorizes the submission of the resume and agrees to become a candidate for the position.
After your resume is submitted to the company you will be assisted in every way possible throughout the recruiting process, including preparation for the telephone and personal interview, gathering references, evaluating offers and managing the negotiations
Monster - 12 months ago