In the summer of 2013, Viesel Fuel completed the upgrade of their biofuel refinery to a biodiesel production facility with a capacity of 11M GPY. Viesel's process uses an exclusive enzyme catalyzed reaction, followed by a unique resin system for crude biodiesel refining. This is the only facility in the world using a combination of enzymes and resins to produce biodiesel.
The Chemical Process Engineer's responsibilities will be:
-Developing new processes, or refining existing ones, to optimize efficiency and cost.
-Oversight of laboratory and plant data.
-Leading/conducting engineering activities, feasibility studies, and proposals as a Process Manager
-Review and supervise all types of process design work
-Direct participation of the process design/implementation activities
-Developing innovative solutions to optimize the novel enzymatic biodiesel process on the lab, pilot and process sales.
Requirements for Chemical Process Engineer are:
- Bachelors or Masters Degree in Chemical Engineering, Chemical Processing or Biotechnology
- 3-5 years experience in a biodiesel refinery
- Familiarity with permitting and policy of biodiesel plants (RFS, EPA, NFPA)
- Full knowledge of safety in chemical and process plants (OSHA)
- Experience in performing mass and energy balances
- Ease in connecting with technical and business partners in the optimization of equipment and reaction parameters.
- Understanding of engineering principles for the purpose of specifying and operating process equipment such as pumps, centrifuges, flash evaporators, ion exchange resins beds, reactors.
- Highly motivated, organized, excellent communication skills (both oral and written), strong leadership skills.
- 11 months ago - save job