* Performs Safety inspections covering the ordering, storing, transportation and handling of hazardous waste, chemicals, gases, and equipment replacement/spare parts. Recognizes situations that could produce an unsafe working environment, that risks fire, explosion or pose a threat to human health and the environment.
* Prepares hazardous waste manifests and hazardous materials shipping documents for transport, and ensures that the manifest, shipping document cycle is complete. Maintains shipping document files/records including waste & hazardous materials shipment records, HW profiles, inspection records etc.
* May assist in the preparation of permits, reports, and applications for Federal, State, and Local authorities, as required. Conducts yearly chemical inventory and prepares reports as required.
* May perform miscellaneous safety inspections, such as: eyewash/safety showers, fire extinguishers, ladders, crane & hoists, as required.
Assists in the company efforts to minimize the generation of hazardous wastes. Works with ESH, Facilities, and Manufacturing Engineers to identify, monitor, and reduce hazardous waste streams whenever possible. Coordinates and implements approved recycling programs for materials such as: lamps & ballasts, electronics scrap, lead solder waste, batteries, refrigerants, toner cartridges, etc.
* Oversees the installation and movement of a variety of light, medium and heavy equipment using special tools and equipment such as staging, hoists and rigging.
* Works from blueprints, equipment drawings and schematics, manufacturers' specifications and literature. Plans complex jobs, selects materials and equipment for proper completion.
* Ensures that the performance of these activities are well documented.
* Collects, sorts and stores hazardous waste material in accordance with federal, state and local regulations.
* Performs other duties and responsibilities as required Required Skills:
* Knowledge/Use of Auto CADD * Knowledge of OSHA and EPA regulations * General construction knowledge * Able to maintain a safe work environment and ensure compliance with safety objectives and policies. * Basic understanding of "IT" equipment & software
We provide some of the world’s most advanced, technology-led defence, aerospace and security solutions and
employ a skilled...