How to Apply
Please complete the entire online application along with any prescreening questions that pertain to this opportunity. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
About Us - Winery
Over seventy-five years ago, with humble beginnings, brothers Ernest and Julio Gallo began E. & J. Gallo Winery. Today, we are the world's largest family-owned winery. We distribute wines to 90 countries and are the largest exporter of California wine. E. & J. Gallo Winery employs a creative and talented team of more than 5,000 people.
We truly believe that the contributions of our employees are what make our Winery a dominant force in the ever-growing wine industry.
If you want to work with great people and enjoy a career in a dynamic industry expected to double in the next 10 years, see what opportunities await you at E. & J. Gallo Winery!
Full Time/Part Time
Performs advanced routine and non-routine physical, chemical and sensory analysis of alcoholic beverages, grapes, grape products, corks, oak, water, incoming materials, coatings and other related materials pertaining to winery operations while observing department's safety practices, procedures and quality system. Also participates in the assessment of requested projects.
- Performs chemical and instrumental analysis; collects/prepares samples and solutions; interprets resultant data and prepares management and external reports.
- Operates and maintains laboratory equipment.
- Applies knowledge and experience with laboratory quality assurance principles; implements quality elements from Good Laboratory Practices (GLP), ISO: 17025 Quality Standard, and California Environmental Laboratory Accreditation Program (ELAP) into effective use.
- Works on one or more project teams that interact with project coordinators and employees from several cross-functional disciplines.
- Supports and conducts problem solving, root cause analysis and troubleshooting activities.
- Participates in the assessment of requested projects.
- Validates test results.
- Optimizes existing methods.
- Conducts experiments to improve upon or to duplicate various materials and substances; engages in research to develop new methods of processing or production.
- Conducts instrument troubleshooting and maintenance.
- Must maintain satisfactory attendance, to include timeliness.
- Responsible for understanding and complying with applicable quality, environmental and safety regulatory considerations. If accountable for the work of others, responsible for ensuring their understanding and compliance.
- This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor's degree in Chemistry, Food Chemistry, Biochemistry or Biology plus 1 year of chemistry laboratory experience.
- Required to maintain 3 shift availability; expected to work graveyard shifts when scheduled.
- Required to lift and move cases of product that weigh up to 45 pounds.
- Required to possess color vision and depth perception.
- Experience working in a regulatory environment.
- High school Diploma or GED.
- Bachelor's degree in Chemistry, Food Chemistry, Biochemistry or Biology plus 3 years of chemistry laboratory experience.
- Experience implementing or sustaining laboratory quality assurance practices including corrective/preventive action, document control, training records management, control charting, and internal auditing.
- Strong instrument troubleshooting, maintenance and repair skills.
- Experience reading, analyzing and interpreting common scientific and technical journals, financial reports and legal documents.
- Experience responding to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies or members of the business community.
- Skilled in the use of MS Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint at a basic level.
- Skilled in advanced mathematical concepts such as exponents, logarithms, quadratic equations, and permutations.
- Experience applying mathematical operations to such tasks as frequency distribution, determination of test reliability and validity, analysis of variance, correlation techniques, sampling theory, and factor analysis.
- Experience defining problems, collecting data, establishing facts and drawing valid conclusions.
- Experience interpreting an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, and taste or smell and use hands to finger, handle, or feel, reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include color vision and depth perception.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, employees are occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals and outside weather conditions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Equal Employment Opportunity
E. & J. Gallo Winery - 2 years ago
Over eighty years ago, with humble beginnings, brothers Ernest and Julio Gallo began E. & J. Gallo Winery. Today, we are the world's...