Supports the QA Chemistry Laboratory by performing all manner of chemistry testing including HPLC, GC, IR, UV-Vis and titrations for release and stability. These activities are supported through investigations, report writing and SOP writing. Supports these activities with the necessary preparation, quality assurance and documentation. Works independently or cooperatively on special projects as required.
1. Performs a broad range of chemical tests of all levels of complexity to support routine release testing on raw materials, in-process goods and finished products in a timely manner. 2. Performs shelf-life testing on finished products in a timely manner. 3. Maintains the cleanliness and orderliness of the laboratory. 4. Maintains laboratory records. 5. Conducts investigations in a timely manner. 6. Assists in training of other associates. 7. Reviews, writes and updates standard operating procedures, laboratory documents/forms and technical reports. 8. Thoroughly and innovatively executes special projects including method validations/transfers. 9. Participates in blitzes and other lean activities. 10. Provides significant input toward continuous improvement initiatives including identification of compliance matters that need addressing and participating on teams outside the laboratory. 11. Attends professional development classes and conveys information by leading laboratory meetings. 12. Comply with all local, state, federal, and BD safety regulations, policies, and procedures including RCRA Hazardous waste regulations. 13. Comply with all local BD quality policies, procedures, and practices through consistent application of sound quality assurance principles.
14. Other duties as assigned.
- AS Degree with ten years of general laboratory experience; or BS Degree in a scientific discipline with two years of general laboratory experience
- Working knowledge of the metric system
- Understanding of mathematical and statistical principles
- Familiarity with chemical terminology and be able to interface with personnel to communicate test results and methods
- Must be very familiar with MS Office, statistical computing software and millennium/Empower software
- Extensive experience with GC and HPLC analysis
Becton Dickinson - 23 months ago
copy to clipboard