We currently have an excellent opportunity for a Chemist located at our Princeton, NJ headquarters.
The position requires hands on research for a variety of projects requiring more in-depth focus and front-end research. The nature of the research can vary from basic to applied, but the emphasis is on finding timely real solutions to technical challenges. All the various disciplines applicable to food and beverage research can be expected to be utilized.
Education and Experience:
- Carry out research to meet the needs of product groups
- Formulation of experiments
- Data analysis
- Data reporting in the form of written reports and presentations
- Working with external resources to accomplish goals
- Experiment interpretation
- Literature and patent search/scouting of new food ingredient developments, trends and innovation, as well as processing and equipment advances
- Development and implementation of new applications as new technologies and ingredient emerge. Represent Church & Dwight when dealing with external resources
The position requires a Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution in any of the sciences (Chemistry, Biochemistry, Microbiology, Biology, or Food Science) with a minimum 2 years related experience. (Internships or post graduate experience)
Confection or Food Industry experience.
MS or PhD degree.
Skills and Competencies:
The candidate should have a solid foundation in any of the above list sciences and laboratory practices.
This will not only include the performance of typical analyses and operation of laboratory instrumentation, but may include the construction of novel set-ups for experimentation and data acquisition.
The position will require creativity and the ability to steer through uncharted waters. Excellent verbal and written communication skills are a must.
Must be comfortable dealing with both complexity and ambiguity and be able to explore multiple solutions to a problem.
Excellent time management and organizational skills needed to balance multiple projects and changing priorities. Curiosity and outside-the-box thinking is a must.
An understanding of the benefits of dietary supplements on health e.g. metabolism, bone support or immune support.
Knowledge of metabolic pathways
Experience in nutritional supplements and/or confectionery
Church & Dwight Co., Inc. is proud to be an equal opportunity employer M/F/D/V
Church & Dwight Co.
- 2 years ago - save job