We are seeking a full-time Associate Peptide Chemist to join our peptide drug discovery group and aid in our discovery and development efforts. The successful candidate will have a direct impact on how various peptides are optimized for clinical development. This is an exciting opportunity to play an important role in the discovery and development of next-generation peptide therapeutics.
Key Objectives and Deliverables:
- Use state-of-the-art peptide synthesis techniques to enable compound generation, analyze structure-activity relationships, and make recommendations for paths forward.
- Oversee lab equipment and supplies to ensure that the peptide lab is running efficiently and smoothly.
: Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to be employed in the United States. Lilly does not anticipate providing sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H-1B or TN status) for this employment position
- BS or MS in Chemistry or related field
- Solid understanding of peptide chemistry and organic chemistry.
- Experience with solid-phase peptide synthesis, peptide purification and analysis by mass spectrometry.
- Experience in bioconjugation of peptides to hydrophilic polymers and/or proteins.
- Experience in the formulation and stability assessment of peptide drug candidates.
- Experience in various biophysical methods used in peptide characterization, including CD, AUC, fluorescence spectroscopy, NMR, molecular modeling.
The successful candidate will have excellent communication and problem-solving skills, be a team player and be eager to take on diverse scientific challenges as they arise.
ELI LILLY AND COMPANY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Eli Lilly - 2 years ago
At Lilly, we unite caring with discovery to make life better for people around the world. We are a global healthcare leader headquartered in...