Bring your skills and Join a Winning Team with a Global Leader!!!
Honeywell International is a $38 billion diversified technology and manufacturing global leader. Honeywell has more than 132,000 employees in 70 countries around the world and has a demonstrated heritage of both innovation and achievement.
Honeywell Electronic Materials is a global leader in the supply of critical materials to the semiconductor industry, enabling our customers to develop innovative technologies and overcome manufacturing challenges. Our research and development expertise, global reach, corporate stability and commitment is unmatched. Honeywell’s expertise in both chemistry and metallurgy and commitment to disciplined quality processes result in the development of superior, cutting-edge technologies that are now being introduced to the flat panel display (FPD), photovoltaic and printable electronics marketplaces.
is responsible for characterization of electronic materials using analytical chemistry methods and instruments. The Chemist will provide analytical results as services for quality control in manufacturing of sputtering targets or product/process development. Analytical results may become part of the product certification. The job requires high quality and timely analyses, critical thinking, and continuous improvement. This position is located in Spokane , WA .
Essential duties and responsibilities:
- Perform trace element analysis by Glow Discharge Mass Spectrometry (GDMS)
- Perform trace element analysis using Inductively Coupled Plasma Atomic Emission Spectroscopy (ICP-AES).
- Perform interstitial gas analysis using LECO instrumentation.
- Follow standard operating procedures to insure consistent analyses.
- Follow safety procedures, including the use of common sense to ensure safe handling of hazardous materials.
- Critique existing analytical methods and procedures and develop new ones as needed.
- Insure high quality analyses, including best possible accuracy and shortest possible turnaround times.
- Prepare and present data to internal customers.
- Trouble shoot instrument failures and perform preventative.
- Must be flexible to work various hours and shifts, including weekends.
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Honeywell is committed to a diverse workforce.
- 2 Years chemistry lab experience including experience with instrumental analysis
- ICP-OES experience or equivalent
- Inorganic mass spectrometry experience
- Six Sigma training or certification
- Experience with statistical data analysis
- Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision and schedule activities to meet deadlines.
- Requires high level of independent judgment, discretion and problem solving skills. Must be self-motivated.
- The ability to work effectively with others and demonstrate a positive teamwork approach is required.
- Must be adaptable and flexible to changing work environment and priorities while maintaining productivity/through-put requirements
- Must be flexible to work various hours and shifts, including weekends
Honeywell - 6 months ago
Honeywell is a Fortune 100 company that invents and manufactures technologies to address some of the world’s toughest challenges...