We are looking for a Chemist to join our Nutraceutical facility based in Salt Lake City. The ideal candidate will have 4-5 years industry experience running and troubleshooting an HPLC and utilizing wet chemistry techniques. This is a 2 month contract position, and it could turn into a permanent offer in the future.
- Testing of raw materials, in process materials, and finished goods on HPLC
- Assigns assays to associate chemists when necessary to meet deadlines
- Utilize wet chemistry bench techniques for sample prep
- Decides whether further in-house or contract lab testing is warranted after preliminary results were reviewed
- Processes, reports, and finalizes results into LIMS system
- Evaluate test results for suitability
- Assists with method development
- BS degree in Chemistry or related field
- 4-5 years’ experience with running an HPLC or ICP in a chemical lab environment
- Method development is highly desired
- Must be flexible to work weekends if needed
- Strong knowledge of wet chemistry and general lab procedures
- Must be able to multi-task with different projects at once
This position is located in Salt Lake City, and the hours are Monday-Friday from 8am-5pm. This position is for 2 months, however there could be a permanent offer made depending on work load and how well a person does in this position. The hourly rate for this opportunity is $20-$22.