Under the general direction of the Manager/Supervisor, the Chemist applies knowledge and skills to perform diverse and complex laboratory procedures and /or specialized technical, administrative services requiring application of equivalent technical knowledge in a quality control laboratory. Also, responsible for adhering to the Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMPs) that are in effect assuring the quality and quantity of product produced.
- Performs routine sample testing. Processes samples for chemical and /or biological analyses. This may involve collecting specialized samples in various production areas
- Sets up and dismantles instruments and apparatus. Prepares specialized solutions / suspensions such as mobile phases or media to perform essential laboratory procedures
- Makes and records observations, performs calculations, collects and prepares data for evaluation
- Reports results of assignments, maintains and performs related record keeping
- Maintains, calibrates, validates, monitors and troubleshoots laboratory instruments
- Participates in designing and conducting investigational studies of atypical results
- Complies with company policies and procedures and maintains regular work attendance
- Personal responsibility for following safety rules, SOPs and cGMPs guidelines
- Performs other duties as assigned.
must have diploma and a minimum of 3 years, must include work experience with HPLC
Education - Certification - Licenses & Registrations:
must occasionally lift boxes weighing 25- 40 pounds
NBTY, Inc. manufactures, markets, distributes, and retails vitamins, nutritional supplements, and related products in the United States and...