Pharmavite is a leading and growing US manufacturer, marketer, and retailer of quality vitamins, mineral and herbal supplements both domestically and internationally with a strong portfolio of brands such as
. With over 35 years as a major force in the nutritional supplement business, Pharmavite was built on the premise of producing the highest quality nutritional products in the country and operates one of the most sophisticated, state-of-the art research and development facilities in the industry.
As a member of the Pharmavite team, employees enjoy competitive salaries and an exceptional benefits package featuring medical, dental, vision, 401K, life insurance, and long term disability coverage. In addition, employees enjoy educational assistance, credit union membership, substantial discounts on our products, and 11 paid holidays per year.
We currently are seeking a talented
Chemist I / Microbiologist I
. This key position will be based in our operation facilities in Valencia, CA (So. CA).
Analyzes, by physical, chemical and instrumental methods or microbiological methods, raw materials, finished products, stability and special samples.
- Performs physical and chemical analyses of raw materials, finished products, stability and special samples using wet chemical and major instrumentation such as NIR, FTIR, UV-Visible, GC, ICP, Gradex and HPLC. Documents results.
- Responsible for the preparation, standardization and documentation to be used in chemical analyses.
- Conducts scheduled calibration of laboratory instrumentation (such as thermometers and weighing balance). Submits accurate results by performing tests using the latest PSM (Pharmavite Standard Method) and SOP (Standard Operating Procedure).
- Performs general laboratory duties including cleaning and maintenance of work area and checking notebooks.
- Conduct investigation on any test and assay failure.
- Obtains appropriate outside service for malfunctioning instruments.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Requires a four year college or university degree or its equivalent in Chemistry, Biology, Pharmacy or related science.
Experience not required, but is a plus.
Computer skills, such as Word & Excel are required
Almost continuous exercise of manipulative skills, walking, standing. Exposed to minor health hazards. Frequent, intermittent, intense or close attention to detail. Fairly tedious.
Constant exposure to disagreeable elements.
The incumbent must be able to perform this job safely in accordance with SOP and GMP, without endangering the health or safety of self or others.
Pharmavite LLC - 23 months ago