The TRADEBE GROUP consists of 20 companies that supply services in areas of environmental protection and management, treatment and recycling of industrial and urban waste and sewage in Spain, United States and the UK. Tradebe Environmental Service, the US Operations for the TRADEBE GROUP, has sales of $150 million.
We are seeking a Chemist to perform laboratory analysis to support production, regulatory compliance, sales and quality assurance for our Bridgeport, CT location.
- Wet chemical analysis -including bomb calorimetry, microwave digestion, flash point, specific ion electrode and general sample prep.
- Instrumental Analysis – GC, TOC, AA, uv-vis spectroscopy and ICP.
- Maintain all equipment and instruments.
- Computer data entry and record keeping.
- Support water treatment by conducting chemical precipitation studies.
- Glassware cleaning, sample disposal and general laboratory cleaning as needed.
- On call and occasionally week end work may be required.
This job description does not cover or contain a comprehensive listing of all activities or responsibilities that are required in this position.
Tradebe Environmental Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Associates degree in Chemistry, Biology or related science. Relevant experience in lieu of degree will be considered.
- Bachelor’s in a science preferred.
- General laboratory procedures.
- Environmental sample analysis.
- Analytical instrumentation is a plus.
- Familiarity with Hazardous and Non-Hazardous waste management is desirable.
- Wet chemistry analysis (or similar).
- Ability to conduct multiple analyses simultaneously.
- Conduct analysis in accordance with sample priority.
- Strong scientific principles and/or quality assurance.
- Knowledge of computer applications.
- Impeccable Organization skills.
- Strong sense of pride and work ethic.
Tradebe Treatment and Recycling, LLC - 2 years ago