For over 50 years, Waters Corporation has developed innovative analytical science solutions to support customer discoveries, operations, performance, and regulatory compliance. Specifically, the company designs, manufactures, sells, and services high performance liquid chromatography, ultra performance liquid chromatography, and mass spectrometry technology systems and support products primarily in the United States, Europe, Japan, and Asia. Our innovations enable significant advancements within the pharmaceutical, life science, biochemical, industrial, food safety, environmental, academic and government industries. Waters is a publicly traded corporation (NYSE: WAT) with more than 5,000 employees and is represented in 85 countries around the world.
Waters Corporation is currently seeking a Customer Service Supervisor to join our Chemistry Business. In this role, the Chemistry Customer Service Supervisor will be responsible for managing the day-to-day operations of our fast-paced Chemistry Customer Service organization. Specifically, the individual will directly supervise 10 Customer Service Representatives who are responsible for providing superior service to our customers.
- Directly supervises 10 Customer Service Representatives.
- Maintain employee work schedules including project assignments, cross-training, vacations, paid absence, late shift coverage and overtime.
- Motivate, coach and mentor team to maximize productivity and foster teamwork. Empower employees to take responsibility for their jobs and goals.
- Lead employees using performance management and development processes to encourage goal setting and attainment as well as career development plans. Conduct monthly individual one-on-one meetings and monthly team meetings to discuss process/policy changes and upcoming events; coordinate guest speakers for additional training and exposure to other organizations within Waters.
- Monitor daily activities to ensure accurate and timely order processing. This activity includes reviewing and approving credit requests, return authorizations, pricing discrepancies, system issues and escalated customer issues.
- Develop monthly and quarterly metrics to capture productivity statistics, identify areas of improvement and determine workload distribution. Report on trends and accomplishments, and analyze key activities, metrics, goals and objectives to ensure they are in line with departmental goals and policies.
- Manage the ISO Process by ensuring Work Instructions are up-to-date and in accordance with company guidelines; update training records for ISO compliance and coordinate self-audits.
- Provide effective performance feedback through employee recognition, rewards and disciplinary action with the assistance of HR as needed.
- Encourage employees to contribute ideas and participate in day-to-day activities on project teams as needed.
- Take charge of all motivational activities within the department (i.e. Customer Service Week, holiday festivities, etc.).
- Participate in all Quality System related activities as they pertain to Order Services including ISO and Sarbanes Oxley compliance initiatives and guidelines.
- Minimum of a High School Diploma, BS or BA within business or a scientific field of study strongly preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years related supervisory experience in a Customer Service/Call Center environment, preferably within a scientific, biotech, medical device or high tech product environment
- Demonstrated skills in employee supervision and HR administration.
- Solid analytical and organizational skills and the ability to multitask with ease.
- High tolerance level for a fast-paced, sometimes stressful environment.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. Must be able to communicate effectively with all levels of management and provide direction and coaching to the team
- Strong decision-making and excellent leadership skills – take charge attitude.
- Ability to be a change agent to effectively challenge the status quo and drive new technology and process improvement
- Knowledge and understanding of ISO and Sarbanes Oxley.
- Business systems including MS Office, SAP R/3 Service & Distribution, Lotus Notes.
Waters Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against applicants due to veteran status or on the basis of disability.
Supervisor, Customer Service, Call Center
Waters Corporation - 7 months ago
For 50 years, the Waters Corporation has developed innovative analytical science solutions to support customer discoveries, operations,...