We are looking for a Chemistry Department Laboratory Manager to take a lead role in one of our largest technical departments. As a key leader, you are responsible for ensuring optimal operation of the Chemistry department. Responsibilities include but are not limited to: instrument validation, writing/reviewing/updating SOPs for new and existing assays, assisting QA team in maintaining quality assurance, training and development of staff including performance management and developing work schedules, and other special projects. Your leadership will ensure that Ascend Clinical remains the leading ESRD lab by meeting client service demands in a high volume / production environment, including chemistry testing and result reporting, instrument maintenance and troubleshooting, and quality control reporting & documentation. You will utilize your professional judgment and in-depth knowledge of laboratory techniques, scientific principles, quality control and instrument maintenance and will have the opportunity to recognize problems, identify causes and determine alternative methods and solutions. You will also actively contribute to quality assurance activities and participate in proficiency testing.
- Current California Clinical Laboratory Scientist license
- Minimum of six years management experience as a licensed clinical laboratory scientist, preferably in Chemistry, with demonstrated progression of responsibility and skill
- Proven leadership ability, both technically and among staff
- Demonstrates analytical problem-solving skills, proficiency in performing detailed tasks thoroughly and completely, and the ability to follow complicated instructions with accuracy.
- Ability to handle high volume production environment
- Ability to multitask both technical and staffing aspect of role
- Ability to work well under pressure and manage stressful situations
- Knowledge of Chemistry instruments helpful, with demonstrated ability to quickly learn new technology
- Excellent computer skills with very strong comfort level in troubleshooting
- Strong communicator with ability to maintain open communication with employees and managers as needed
- In-depth knowledge of laboratory techniques, scientific principles, and quality control