For over 50 years, Waters Corporation has developed innovative analytical science solutions to support customer discoveries, operations, performance, and regulatory compliance. Specifically, the company designs, manufactures, sells, and services high performance liquid chromatography, ultra performance liquid chromatography, and mass spectrometry technology systems and support products primarily in the United States, Europe, Japan, and Asia. Our innovations enable significant advancements within the pharmaceutical, life science, biochemical, industrial, food safety, environmental, academic and government industries. Waters is a publicly traded corporation (NYSE: WAT) with more than 5,000 employees and is represented in 85 countries around the world.
The Chemistry Sales Specialist is responsible for selling Waters LC/SFC Column Technologies, Sample Preparation Products and Consumables Products within their assigned geographic territory. In this role, the Chemistry Sales Specialist will develop a business plan to manage the consumables business and expand market share within the sales territory. Responsibilities will include delivering technical presentations and taking part in workshops and demonstrations to sell chemistry consumables products into a wide variety of markets, such as life science, pharmaceutical, food and environmental, clinical and chemical/materials. The territory includes: San Diego CA, Arizona, New Mexico and Colorado. Customers will include research laboratories, government laboratories, universities and larger key accounts.
- Increase sales volume within existing accounts and gaining market share by winning competitive accounts together with the assigned Inside Sales Representative
- Ongoing interaction with local LC / MS instruments Sales Representatives
- Organize and deliver workshops and seminars at customer sites
- Follow up after workshops with the customers via phone or visit
- Provide customers with high quality technical advice while maintaining a focus on maximizing the sales potential
- Maintenance and reporting by using Waters CRM tools
- Representation of the company at trade shows
Waters Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against applicants due to veteran status or on the basis of disability.
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry, Biochemistry or related scientific field of study
- 2-3 years working within a HPLC laboratory, method development preferred
- Previous sales experience selling into either the scientific or life science industry is a plus
- Previous experience with Waters LC or MS products strongly preferred.
- Chromatography experience, LC-MS experience is a plus
- Understanding of Biomolecule chromatography and/or experience in protein characterization a plus
- Knowledge of separation systems platforms such as HPLC and LC-MS
- Excellent teamwork and communication skills
- Valid Driver's License in good standing is mandatory
- Good communications skills
- Computer based skills such as EXCEL, CRM, Powerpoint, etc
Waters Corporation - 5 months ago
For 50 years, the Waters Corporation has developed innovative analytical science solutions to support customer discoveries, operations,...