variable/ CB/ Tweet/ MSTR/ IND123/ DIV
The Chemistry Supervisor, is responsible for the overall management and scientific integrity of the Chemistry Laboratory. Duties include coordinating the daily operations, human resources management, and all other aspects of department function.
· Baccalaureate degree in Clinical Laboratory Science or related health science specialty.
· Masters degree preferred.
· Five or more years bench experience, plus two years supervisory experience in a hospital laboratory setting.
· Experience with regulatory compliance, especially College of American Pathologists laboratory standards.
· Experience utilizing a Laboratory Information System, preferably Sunquest.
· Current California Clinical Laboratory Scientist (CLS) license
· ASCP Medical Technologist certification highly desirable
OTHER SKILLS, ABILITIES & KNOWLEDGE:
· Detail knowledge of laboratory operations and terminology.
· Demonstrated leadership and organizational skills.
· Exceptional problem-solving ability
· Demonstrated skill in communicating with physicians, nursing staff, laboratory staff and other laboratory customers.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Computer literate – strong skill in use of Word and Excel applications.
· High degree of initiative and professionalism required.
· Demonstrated ability and success in personnel management and team building essential.
· Demonstrated technical knowledge and skill in laboratory testing methods.
Seton Medical Center is the largest medical/surgical acute care center in Austin. One of four Magnet hospitals in the SETON Healthcare...