Tennessee Oncology is seeking experienced clinic Chemotherapy Pharmacy Technicians with chemotherapy admixture experience one to join our Memorial Plaza clinic location and another at our Medical Park II clinic location – both located in Downtown Chattanooga, TN. This is an excellent opportunity for long term success with an established, stable and successful practice.
Tennessee Oncology provides the highest quality of care and service to our patients and employees as well as advances the science of cancer care through the development of innovative treatments and clinical trial participation. We are motivated to continually invest in the latest technology and attract the most talented team of Health-care professionals.
To safely prepare chemotherapy and other medications for patients, oversee the Nucleus system; maintain an accurate and organized record of all transactions occurring in the mixing room.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Mixes chemotherapy and other drugs correctly as ordered by physician. All chemotherapy orders must be verified with a nurse.
- Mixes chemotherapy only under the vertical flow hood following sterile technique.
- Affixes the Nucleus medication label to the syringe or IV bag containing the medication. Hand writes the number of milliliters of drug in the syringe or bag, and places the vials with the bag for the nurse to check.
- Enters the drugs and doses, given to a patient, into the Nucleus machine for billing purposes.
- Attaches Nucleus printout to charge ticket.
- Properly documents patient information in the EMR.
- Generates and reviews daily clinical reports and channels to appropriate personnel.
- Maintains appropriate clinical logs.
- Performs all daily and monthly Nucleus duties as outlined in the Nucleus policy and procedure manual.
- Assists the nursing staff, as necessary, with the stocking of supplies, clinic organization, clean-up, etc.
- Travels to satellite locations and floats to other clinics if needed
- A professionally certified pharmacy technician .
- Chemotherapy admixture experience preferred but not required.
Location: (1) Memorial Plaza clinic location in Downtown Chattanooga, TN
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds
- Must be able to travel to satellite clinics
(1) Medical Park II clinic location in Downtown Chattanooga, TN
Days & Hours: Typically Monday – Friday 8:00 AM - 4:30 PM
Pay Rate: Commensurate with experience
If you meet the above requirements and are looking for a rewarding career in Health care, please take a moment to share your background with us by submitting your resume via email: email@example.com or via fax: (615) 750-1766. Tennessee Oncology offers competitive compensation commensurate with experience, excellent work schedule (M-F) and benefits programs including medical, dental, life insurance and 401k and Profit Sharing Plan. Most benefits begin immediately.
Tennessee Oncology - 14 months ago
Tennessee Oncology, PLLC is committed to leadership and excellence in oncology care. We believe that each patient deserves the highest...