This mission centered full-time position, under the supervision of the Executive Director, is responsible for directing the human resource and fiscal functions of the organization in accordance with employment regulations and general accepted accounting practices (GAAP) to support future organizational growth.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Must be knowledgeable about every facet of the organization, and in collaboration with colleagues, contribute to achievement of three-year organizational strategy and goals
• Lead by example and establish trust & respect of colleagues, staff, Board and organizational stakeholders
• Ability to effectively prepare and present information to the Board of Directors and relate to people at all levels of the organization utilizing excellent communication skills
• Plan, develop, organize, implement, direct and evaluate the organization's fiscal function and performance, including development of ideas to increase the net revenue margin
• Oversees and leads development of annual budget, to be approved by the Board of Directors prior to the start of the fiscal year beginning July 1
• Provide timely and accurate analysis of budgets, financial reports and financial trends (financial dashboard) in order to assist the executive leadership team in performing their responsibilities
• Ensure timely distribution of monthly financial statements (by 15th of the following month) and participate in regular meetings to review financial performance and any variances to budget leading to continual improvement of the budgeting process
• Ensure high quality, cost-effective management of the day-to-day business affairs of the organization within the annual budget and provide continual education of department managers on financial issues impacting their budgets
• Develops business cases, scenario planning, financial strategy, financial planning and/or complex projects with significant financial or other business impact as requested by Executive Director or as required for new and existing programs
• Oversees daily cash management, status of banking accounts, and investment accounts
• Leads and coordinates annual audit with external auditing firm, ensuring timely completion of the audit and timely filing of all regulatory filings
• Plan, develop, organize, implement, direct and evaluate the organization's human resources services, including employee benefits, performance review program, and professional development program
• Exhibit effective conflict resolution between groups with opposing perspectives, agendas, or priorities by being a team player
• Enhance and/or develop, implement and enforce policies and procedures of the organization by way of systems that will improve the overall operation and effectiveness of the corporation.
• Be an advisor from both the operational and financial perspectives on any contracts into which the organization may enter.
• Manage, motivate, train and recruit employees for finance/accounting and HR and ensure optimal performance
Bachelor’s degree and equivalent work-related experience in finance and human resources field required. Prior leadership or management experience required; project management experience preferred. Must maintain a valid driver’s license and acceptable driving record as determined by foundation.
KNOWLEDGE AND PROBLEM-SOLVING ABILITIES REQUIRED:
Must possess exceptional leadership skills, ability to direct and supervise employees, ability to facilitate work teams and manage long-term projects. Strong business and financial acumen, superior analytical and writing skills, sound technical skills, good judgment and strong operational focus.
Requires excellent verbal and written communication skills. Must be a critical thinker and have complex problem solving and conflict resolution skills. Must be able to deal with personnel matters in a confidential, objective, professional manner. Ability to multi-task including organize and prioritize duties. Must have excellent judgment and information management skills. Attention to detail and ability to meet deadlines. Working knowledge of Quickbooks, general database Microsoft operating systems, Microsoft Office, and web-based applications.
Will require professional interaction with clients and/or outside agencies. Ability to travel/drive throughout service region as required. Frequent periods of intense concentration, attention to detail and accuracy. Ability to handle mental and physical strain involved in use of printed materials, prolonged use of computer screens, preparing detailed reports or completing complex data analysis. Moderate manual dexterity for basic keyboarding. Long periods of sitting and/or standing may be required. Professional development and training as necessary.
NOTE: The preceding statements describe the nature and level of assignments normally given job incumbents. They are not an exhaustive list of duties. Additional duties may be assigned.
Missouri Lions Eye Research Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer
TO APPLY: submit cover letter and resume
Saving Sight is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization with a mission to change lives by saving sight. Founded in Columbia in 1960, the...