The Federal Home Loan Bank of Indianapolis has an excellent job opportunity for a Chief Capital Markets Officer in the Treasury Department. You will direct the treasury and investment functions of the Bank, including debt issuance, derivatives and hedging, and investment portfolio management; manage treasury risk analysis with a focus on capital and balance sheet management; be responsible for risk management, including market, credit, operational and liquidity risk resulting from financial strategies.
1. Working with the CFO, be r esponsible for the formation and implementation of overall balance sheet and financial strategies. Financial strategies are conducted based on prudent risk management and developing risk management strategies to ensure the Bank remains within risk tolerances .
2. Responsible for debt management of the Bank, including acquisition of consolidated obligations, discount notes and other liabilities. Makes recommendations and strategic decisions related to the Bank’s acquisition of debt and use of derivatives .
3. Responsible for derivatives activities and management. Directs and oversees activities in interest rate swaps, and other derivatives. Manages credit risk to the Bank arising from derivatives activities. Negotiates counterparty contracts covering derivatives transactions.
4. Responsible for Mortgage Backed Securities Portfolio including selection of bonds purchased, funding and analysis.
5. Responsible for funding, pricing and hedging of mortgages acquired through the Bank’s Mortgage Purchase Program.
6. Responsible for other investments, with focus on liquidity management .
7. Provides management direction to assigned areas. Makes such personnel decisions as hiring, training, work assignments, performance evaluations, promotions, salary actions, discipline, and termination.
8. Ensures compliance with the Federal Housing Finance Agency and Bank policies and procedures related to all Treasury functions. Represents the Bank in communicating with external parties and executive management regarding treasury issues.
9. Works with other finance department heads in making funds available for advances and other assets at reasonable profit margins. Monitors funding requirements of advances, investments, and other assets in determining liability requirements of the Bank.
10 . Keeps abreast of current market and industry issues, regulations, and policies .
Position Requirements :
1. Master's degree in business administration, accounting, finance, or management; CFA or CPA desirable.
2. Minimum of ten years' management experience working with or in a financial institution, preferably in a treasury or financial analysis function.
3 . Excellent oral and written communication skills.
4. Detail-oriented with a high level of problem-solving ability.
Federal Home Loan Bank of Indianapolis (the Bank) provides funds to its members. All federally-insured depository institutions, community...