Logan Circle is seeking a Chief Compliance Officer who understands the fixed income financial markets , the fiduciary obligations of investment advisers and regulatory requirements of registered investment advisers to oversee and implement the firm’s compliance program. The individual will be responsible for Logan Circle’s compliance program. The position will manage one compliance employee at Logan Circle and will work closely with various members of the Fortress Legal and Compliance Department and with Logan Circle’s business operations and investment personnel. The position will be based in Philadelphia and will report to the Fortress Chief Compliance Officer and the Logan Circle General Counsel .
The Chief Compliance Officer is primarily responsible for day-to-day implementation and maintenance of Logan Circle’s compliance program including, among other things, the development of compliance policies, procedures and processes, conducting the risk assessment analysis, supervising portfolio compliance and other compliance testing, reviewing marketing materials, and reviewing and analyzing applicable laws and regulations for impact on the firm’s compliance monitoring function. Key responsibilities include:
The ideal candidate will have the following:
- Assist in the development, implementation and maintenance of compliance policies, procedures and processes.
- Assist in the analysis and interpretation of applicable laws and regulations.
- Conduct the firm’s compliance risk assessment.
- Supervise and perform compliance oversight and testing to ensure the adequacy of the firm’s compliance program, for example, testing adherence to the firm’s policies regarding brokerage, soft dollars, best execution, allocation, insider trading and related matters.
- Review marketing materials, including pitch books, due diligence questionnaires, RFPs, strategy fact sheets, market commentary, etc., for accuracy and compliance with applicable rules and regulations.
- Prepare responses to client compliance questionnaires and other compliance diligence requests.
- Manage the compliance analyst responsible for monitoring portfolio compliance for client portfolios using the BlackRock Aladdin compliance system.
- Prepare and maintain the filing of the firm’s Form ADV.
- Assist with the preparation and review of various other regulatory filings.
- Participate in and provide input in the firm’s committee meetings for valuation, trade executions and GIPS performance.
- Oversee and monitor the implementation of procedures to address new regulatory rules and requirements.
- Assist in coordinating and responding to regulatory and/or compliance examinations conducted by internal or external parties.
- Prepare and conduct initial and ongoing compliance training for firm employees.
- Assist with a variety of special projects.
- Bachelor's degree with a strong academic record. JD, CPA or CFA a plus.
- 8 plus years of compliance experience, preferably at the SEC, a regulatory consulting firm or another asset manager.
- Strong understanding of investment adviser industry with a focus on fixed income securities and markets.
- A thorough understanding of both worldwide and U.S. securities laws, including the Investment Advisers Act of 1940 and Investment Company Act of 1940.
- Ability to comprehend and apply other applicable laws and regulations, including those governing the firm’s ERISA clients and operations in non-U.S. jurisdictions.
- A proven ability to effectively and clearly identify issues and communicate findings to other members of the compliance department.
- A proactive, self-starter work style and able to interact with people with varied personalities and work styles.
- Outstanding organization skills, including prioritizing and follow-up.
- A proven ability to multi-task and work both independently and as a team player in a fast-paced environment.
- Knowledge of ERISA regulations for investment advisers.
- Knowledge of GIPS.
- Good Excel skills and proficiency using Bloomberg terminal.
- Knowledge of foreign regulators/investment adviser regulations (Canada, U.K. and Ireland).
Fortress Investment Group LLC - 18 months ago