USI Securities, Inc., a broker-dealer/investment advisor in Glastonbury, CT is seeking a Chief Compliance Officer.
The ideal candidate would have extensive knowledge and expertise in all aspects of broker-dealer and investment advisory compliance ( wire-house background preferred). USI Securities is a small BD, as classified by FINRA, with its primary purpose to service USI Consulting Group, one of the nation’s largest pension consultants. It has excellent policies & procedures in place, in addition to an outstanding compliance staff. This is a unique position as USI Consulting Group is both a product manufacturer and a sales organization. Innovative ideas are presented to the Compliance Department on a routine basis, thus requiring the candidate to possess both a diverse background and in-depth research ability not typically necessary for a small BD/IA.
This is a critical position within the organization as the incumbent will be acting on behalf of the firm in their dealings with regulators, sales and service personnel, company management, affiliated organizations, and vendor partners.
• Analyze compliance programs to determine whether current methods and systems conform with all regulatory requirements.
• Develop procedures and systems to enhance the accuracy and efficiency of compliance programs.
• Review new laws and regulations that affect the business of the firms, evaluate their impact, and recommend appropriate adaptations to both firms’ supervisory policies and procedures, and compliance programs.
• Assist in the development of new business strategies by both advising management of the regulatory implications and contributing insights based on diverse business experience.
• Serve as the primary liaison with all securities regulators.
• Coordinate all regulatory inquiries/exams.
• Provide support to the Law Department by performing technical and narrative analysis of regulatory allegations.
• Advise USI Securities’ President on comment letters to the SEC and FINRA regarding proposed regulations.
• Supervise compliance staff.
Other Duties/Position Requirements:
• Annual firm registrations
• Form BD & ADV maintenance
• Anti-money laundering compliance
• Handling of customer complaints
• Private securities transaction reviews
• Strong knowledge of the financial services industry
• Strong knowledge of broker-dealer/investment advisor operations
• Ten years experience in broker-dealer/investment advisor compliance
• Strong written and verbal communications skills
• Ability to speak in public and make presentations to senior management
• Bachelor’s degree
• FINRA Series 7, 24, 63 & 65 ( 66) - 4, 27, 53, life and variable insurance licenses preferred
• Proficiency in Microsoft applications ( Outlook, Word, Excel & Access) and internet-based programs
USI Holdings Corporation - 7 months ago