Growing and profitable multimedia leader seeks a senior-level strategic and innovative individual to develop and implement effective, high-value digital products and services to our special-interest communities. Individual must be a proven leader with a high level of creativity, digital experience, thought leadership, organization skills and the integrity to earn company/business unit leadership as well as team confidence quickly. This individual should be comfortable forging new ground, leading through influence, working collaboratively and building buy-in/support. The Taunton Press ( www.taunton.com ) is a highly regarded specialty media company with a well-earned reputation for delivering quality content to our passionate enthusiasts via magazines, books, e-books, apps and video.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead and own the design, continuous improvement, and on-going strategic execution of the company’s “Digital First” growth strategy. Measurement for success will be an increase in digital revenue.
- Drive disciplined, fact-based decisions and execute with urgency: drive exceptional performance; deliver value to the customer; closely monitor execution; actively manage financial performance; balance speed with analysis; and ensure accountability for results.
- As product development expert, ensure product definitions and product life-cycle roadmaps support the business drivers (i.e., revenue, audience, cost savings, strategic value).
- Build and develop a team of approximately 20 technology, web and business professionals.
- Develop digital strategy methods that can be leveraged across the company and will facilitate company-wide strategic and business/s processes as needed.
- In a matrixed organization, collaborate with group publishers and channel-heads to develop and implement aggressive revenue generation and revenue growth plans.
- Serve as concept leader in aligning and executing digital strategy with business goals and objectives.
- Recommend and maintain digital partnerships that build the brand’s presence online and help drive revenue.
- Develop, define and publicize formal best practices, frameworks and methodologies for approaching digital assignments.
- In-depth knowledge of contemporary web technologies and best practices and how to apply them to business strategies. An understanding of what will be effective in our environment.
- P&L experience strongly preferred.
- Experience managing a team of seasoned technology and business professionals.
- Solid understanding of product management, integrated marketing and digital disciplines (social media, SEO/SEM, search, video/TV, mobile, web development.)
- Experience analyzing and interpreting data. Experience in tracking and evaluating KPIs and digital metrics.
- Strong EQ. Must have had success working with cross-functional teams to achieve business goals.
- Ability to understand and communicate the company’s short- and long-term value propositions to achieve desired goals.
- A highly motivated self-starter who has a track record of executing strategies to solve business challenges in a digital world.
- Familiarity with niche marketing to “passionate enthusiasts.”
The Taunton Press, Inc - 20 months ago