Installs and repairs electrical systems, apparatus’ and electrical/electronic components of vessel machinery and equipment by performing the following essential functions.
Essential Functions – the following are essential functions of the job but are not all-inclusive.
- Install power supply wiring and conduit for newly installed machines and equipment
- Diagnose malfunctioning apparatus such as transformers, motors and lighting fixtures and replace damaged or broken wires and cables
- Replace faulty electrical components of machinery such as relays, switches, motors and position sensing devices
- Diagnose and repair/replace faulty electronic components, such as printed circuit boards
- Replace electric motor bearings and rewire motors
- Plan layout of wiring and install wiring, conduit and electrical apparatus aboard vessel
- Assist with vessel telecommunication installation and upkeep
- Ensures tools, equipment and working areas are kept clean and in order
- Performs other routine duties and tasks as deemed necessary by the 1 st Assistant Engineer
High school diploma or equivalent
Submit to and pass alcohol and drug tests as including but not limited to pre-employment, random, post-accident testing
An equivalent combination of education and experience may be substituted.