POSITION AND RESPONSIBILITIES
This position resides within the major projects department and reports to the manager, engineering.
You will provide mechanical engineering oversight for a broad range of projects in Cameco’s major projects portfolio. These projects will be executed both within Cameco and by outside consulting companies providing engineering services to Cameco.
The oversight role consists of ensuring engineering work is done in accordance with Cameco’s processes, procedures, standards and regulatory requirements. You will be responsible for developing and integrating mechanical design standards for use on all major projects. You will develop and supervise a team of engineers and technologists responsible primarily for major project oversight under your direction.
• competitive pay
• superior benefits
• employee share ownership plan for all employees
• Live Better wellness program
Cameco values diversity. In keeping with this principle and our employment equity goals, we particularly encourage qualified applicants from the designated equity groups to apply.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS
Requirements of the position:
• Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering
• Minimum of 10 years of progressive experience in process or mining operations
• Equivalent combination of education and work experience considered
• Eligible for registration with the Association of Professional Engineers and Geoscientists of Saskatchewan (APEGS)
• Proven ability to effectively manage people and resources
• Experience in piping, equipment design layout, building services and HVAC, as well as materials handling
• Experience in the mining industry
To explore this career opportunity, please visit www.cameco.com/careers. Deadline for applications is February 11, 2013. Please quote competition number C13-025.
National Society of Professional Engineers - 19 months ago
copy to clipboard -