The Residence Inn by Marriott in Chelsea, MA, opening mid-summer 2013 requires a hands on, dynamic Chief Engineer with a strong technical background. This person will be responsible for the day to day operation of the hotel with an emphasis on the preventative maintenance of the hotel including guest rooms, public space and all related equipment. We offer a great career opportunity with excellent growth potential
This position is responsible for helping to achieve ongoing guest satisfaction and team goals using guest comment cards as a tool for continuous improvement.
If you are ready to contribute your talents to a company that is growing rapidly, we need to hear from you. Prior experience is highly desirable, as is work history with another quality hotel management company.
- Perform, administer, and document preventive maintenance programs.
- Train all engineering personnel to perform all maintenance and preventative maintenance functions within the hotel in an effort to meet and exceed established standards.
- Possess excellent time management skills.
- Work directly with the hotels General Manager and Regional Director to identify and accomplish all technical projects within the hotel including but not limited to the following:
o Perform electrical, plumbing and carpentry projects.
o Assist in HVAC unit repair projects.
o Guest room preventative maintenance (caulking, tile repair, painting, plumbing, carpeting, etc.).
o Working knowledge of Emergency Generators
o Working knowledge of chillers, cooling towers, circulator pumps and water treatment systems
o Working knowledge of kitchen equipment/refrigeration.
o Working knowledge of fire protection and life safety systems.
o Determine needs for contract repair/service.
o Perform, administer and document preventative maintenance.
o Assist GM and FOM with hotel key control procedures.
o Overall building maintenance.
o Pool/Spa maintenance.
- o Assist GM on capital review projects, keep status current.
o Provide ongoing training for property based engineering personnel.
o Promote a safe working environment following OSHA guidelines (lock out-tag out, maintaining MSDS sheets, etc.).
Willingness to respond to emergency situations on short notice.
Ability to read and understand blueprints and schematics.
- Basic computer skills.
- Maintain and manage a work order system for the hotel.
- This position requires the performance of technical and administrative duties including writing and reviewing reports (Profit and Loss statements, capital planning, payroll, etc.), monitoring department checkbooks, ordering inventory, and conducting associate reviews.
- The ability to lead by example to build morale and spirit. Communicate goals and objectives and inspire associates to achieve those goals.
- Uses a hands-on approach to management and holds team members accountable.
- Finds ways to reduce problems and improve the guest experience.
- Highly motivated individual with strong leadership skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong customer service skills
- Must be self motivated and results oriented
- Creative problem solving skills
- Clear, concise written and verbal communication skills
- Competitive Salary
- Health and Dental Insurance
- Paid Vacation
- Flexible Spending Account
- Employee 401K with match after one year
Colwen Hotels provides full-service solutions customized to match each of our clients’ unique brands. We never assume one...