The Chief Engineer manages the maintenance department within Transportables. This position s upervises the designs, installation, testing, and repairs of all broadcast and baseband with strong emphasis on RF systems and equipment under the direction of the VP, Transportables. Equipment includes, but is not limited to: distribution amplifiers, routers, switchers, patch bays, video encoders (analog & digital), video monitors, upconverters, RF amplification equipment, antenna subsystems, frequency conversion, and transportable satellite communications equipment. This position also acts as a floating engineer when needed to operate ku truck or as a second engineer when applicable.
- Responsible for managing the maintenance department within Transportables.
- Supervises all assigned personnel.
- Approves all assigned personnel's timecards, and vacation request.
- Provides feedback to Vice President, Transportables on the integration, operation and maintenance of assigned work.
- Oversee the integration of multiple transportable uplinks, and maintenance of existing uplinks.
- Uses miscellaneous analog and digital test equipment to correct equipment problems including waveform monitors, spectrum analyzers, power level meters, and vectorscopes.
- Receives quotes on equipment from vendors and acquires purchase orders for approval.
- Performs preventive / corrective maintenance on systems or equipment as assigned.
- Provides users and clients with professional, courteous, and timely technical support.
- Performs system troubleshooting to isolate and diagnose problems that interfere with high quality video and audio transmissions via satellite.
- Performs other special assignments as necessary.
- Other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
Work Environment :
- Must be able to supervise multiple associate engineers.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform all duties related to integrating, operating and maintaining a transportable uplink. Individual must also be able to work under pressure and meet strict job deadlines.
- Two year degree in Electronics Engineering Technology (EET) or equivalent experience in broadcast engineering / electronics repair.
- Able to communicate in the English language, apply logical troubleshooting skills, and be able to manipulate mathematical formulae.
In this position, personnel safety is of the utmost importance. Individuals are often exposed to hazardous working conditions that include: dangerous voltages, dangerous heights, and potential exposure to RF radiation. Individual will frequently be required to reach, bend, and lift heavy objects.