Org Marketing Statement
About Jones Lang LaSalle
Jones Lang LaSalle (NYSE: JLL) is a financial and professional services firm specializing in real estate. The firm offers integrated services delivered by expert teams worldwide to clients seeking increased value by owning, occupying or investing in real estate. With 2011 global revenue of $3.6 billion, Jones Lang LaSalle serves clients in 70 countries from more than 1,000 locations worldwide, including 200 corporate offices. The firm is an industry leader in property and corporate facility management services, with a portfolio of approximately 2.1 billion square feet worldwide. LaSalle Investment Management, the company’s investment management business, is one of the world’s largest and most diverse in real estate with $47.7 billion of assets under management.
For further information, please visit our website, www.joneslanglasalle.com
1. Conduct semi-annual reviews of the engineering staff using the IPMP Tool. Assist engineering staff in developing their goals and objectives.
2. Daily leadership and administration of the engineering team with the objectives of safely and effectively operating machinery and building systems.
3. Maintain compliance with the Engineering Services Compliance Program. Demonstrate improvement from previous scores.
4. Fully implement all standard JLL initiatives such as 4Sight, Operations Audit, IPMP, Energy Star, etc.
5. Demonstrate the ability to understand the engineering design and operational aspects of the Base Building systems and be able to immediately recognize system performance deficiencies and respond to operational and emergency situations.
6. Insures the availability of an adequate inventory of tools and other supplies to operate the building.
7. Protect and improve the value of the owner’s asset and ensure that building machinery and systems meet or exceed their expected life.
8. Manage contracted service work at the property, including understanding and developing the scope of service, bidding, awarding and administering the contract duties.
9. Organize and manage all administrative functions related to the engineering department, such as a work order and PM program, monthly reports, budgets, timesheets, ordering supplies, etc.
10. Supervise and organize all engineering staff activities.
11. Formulate and implement an effective site-specific preventive maintenance and work order program at the property.
12. Provide training and supervision aimed at expanding the capabilities of all engineering team members.
13. Work with the General Manager to manage all tenant and capital improvement construction projects from construction document review to project closeout and completion.
14. Working with the General Manager, annually prepare the operational and capital portion of the budget. Monitor operational expense performance through out the year.
15. Setup a comprehensive program to track and manage the consumption of all utilities servicing the property, such as Electricity, natural gas, fuel oil and water.
16. Willingness to provide regional support for due diligence or provide other needed support for new property assignments
17. Willingness to participate in new business presentations, cross selling, etc.
Perform any and all other duties as assigned or requested by General Manager.
• Minimum of a college degree in an engineering field or equivalent experience.
• Universal CFC certification
• Hold an Engineering license of proper grade to operate the building and it’s systems with-in the jurisdiction in which it is located.
• 10+ years of experience in facility/plant engineering and maintenance supervision.
• 10+ years of project management experience.
• Managerial experience and strong interpersonal skills.
• Ability to communicate well in both oral and written reports.
• Proficiency in MS Office, Outlook, Word, Excel, building automation systems and Power Point etc.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Jones Lang LaSalle is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Jones Lang LaSalle is an equal opportunity employer and committed to developing and maintaining a diverse workforce. Jones Lang LaSalle strongly believes in equal opportunity for all, without regard to race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, pregnancy, family responsibility (e.g. child care, elder care), national origin or ancestry, citizenship, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, transgender status, veteran’s status, genetic information, or status as a qualified individual with a disability, protected leave status or any other protected characteristic in accordance with applicable law. The company also endeavors to make reasonable accommodations for known physical or mental limitations of otherwise qualified employees and applicants with disabilities unless the accommodations would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business. Equal employment opportunity will be extended to all individuals in all aspects of the employment relationship, including recruitment, hiring, promotion, transfer, training, discipline, layoff, recall and termination.
Jones Lang LaSalle - 18 months ago
Jones Lang LaSalle provides real estate without borders. The company's services include commercial real estate brokerage, management,...