Discover the Renaissance Palm Springs Hotel, located at the foot of the dramatic San Jacinto Mountains, where you will find sunshine and clear blue skies to draw you into this expansive Southern California retreat by day and surround yourself with the stars at night. Located near the Aerial Tram, casino and the Palm Springs Convention Center, our hotel in Palm Springs is the perfect destination for business and vacation travelers alike. With museums and theaters nearby, the whole family will enjoy our Palm Springs hotel. Our stylish onsite DATE restaurant and other nearby eateries provide a unique upscale experience. For the perfect way to relax during your vacation, enjoy a late-night swim near our private cabanas and outdoor firepits or treat yourself to a massage or other professional service at our Spa Del Sol.
Position: Chief Engineer
Reports To: General Manager
The Chief Engineer is responsible for the day-to-day operations of the maintenance department of this 410 room convention style hotel. S/he is responsible for the administrative, financial and operating aspects of the hotel as they relate to maintenance & repair of this 24 year old property.
Education & Experience:
At least 5 years of progressive facilities management experience in a similar setting or a related field; or a 2-year college degree and 3 years of related management experience.
Stationary engineer’s license if required by local code.
HVAC, electrical, plumbing, boiler operations and general maintenance skills required.
High school diploma or equivalent required.
Long hours sometimes required.
Heavy work – Exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and /or 50 pounds of force frequently and/or up to 20 pounds of force constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
Must be able to stand for long periods of time and walk for long periods of time
Must be able to climb ladders or work in tight spaces
Must be able to work with desktop computer/computer accessories, if necessary from the operation of the mouse to keyboard and corresponding printers
Must be able to convey information and ideas clearly.
Must be able to evaluate and select among alternative courses of action quickly and accurately.
Must be able to work with various computer software systems and application including but not limited to Outlook email programs, Word, Excel
Must routinely meet deadlines.
Must be able to multi task.
Must be effective in handling problems in the workplace, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
Must have the ability to assimilate complex information, data, etc., from disparate sources and consider, adjust or modify to meet the constraints of the particular need.
Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying the concerns and issues raised by co-workers and guests.
Must be able to work with and understand financial information and data, and basic arithmetic functions.
Essential Job Functions:
- Approach all encounters with guests and employees in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service oriented manner.
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with company standards, as required by scheduling which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which include wearing the proper uniform and name tag when working.
- Comply at all times with company standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
- Maintain a warm and friendly demeanor at all times.
- Assist in developing and implementing plans to maintain property, equipment, grounds and other assets in a safe and acceptable state of repair.
- Ensure the hotel is in compliance with all local, state and federal laws.
- Supervise and train all Engineering staff in Customer Service, Empowerment, Standard Operating Procedures and Loss Prevention.
- Create and post all Engineering staffs schedules.
- Create and adhere to annual budget for department.
- Assist in developing financial forecasts and actively participate in monthly profit/loss review meetings.
- Create, Assist and implement preventative maintenance program for all hotel equipment.
- Ensure all emergency and life safety equipment and systems are inspected, tested and certified per company and CALOSHA standards.
- Actively participate in energy conservation programs.
- Review all guest and meeting planner comment cards to ensure problems are identified and corrected in a timely manner.
- Ensure compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
- Assist with the administration of all vendor contracts controlled by the engineering department.
- Ensure that room maintenance requests are handled in a prompt and courteous manner.
- Follow up on all alarms immediately to determine the exact location and cause. Determine emergency status and report findings to Front Desk. Take immediate action as necessary.
- Assist as necessary with special projects and renovations.
- Support and participate in all company programs.
- Participate in M.O.D. program if necessary.
- Ensure that associates take their required meal/rest break as mandated by state law and apply appropriate discipline if necessary.
- Help ensure active participation of department in Safety Committee actions and meetings
ZipRecruiter - 30+ days ago
copy to clipboard