POSITION: Chief Engineer
REPORTS TO: Director of Operations
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
SMG, the leader in privately managed public assembly facilities has an excellent and immediate opening for a Chief Engineer at the American Bank Center. The Chief Engineer reports directly to the Director of Operations and oversees and manages all maintenance aspects of the facilities, to include design, planning, construction, and maintenance of the structure, equipment and associated mechanical plants and machinery.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Oversees supervisors to direct repairs, maintenance, and preventative measures of all facility systems.
• Develops capital improvement plans and budgets. Oversees and implements facility capital improvement projects.
• Serves as liaison with Director of Operation, the General Manager and City on capital improvements proposals and projects.
• Trains, evaluates capabilities and insures discipline of maintenance staff is properly maintained.
• Estimates cost, sets maintenance priorities and ensures jobs are completed with a high degree of proficiency.
• Investigates malfunctions or breakdown of systems to diagnose causes and locate the source of problems.
• Insures the “Bigfoot/Smart Maintenance” program is used effectively, and that work orders are completed to the highest level of accuracy and proficiency.
• Responsible for insuring day-to-day inspections and operation of Preventative Maintenance Program are conducted as required.
• Performs daily walkthrough of facilities and inspects systems throughout facility to detect malfunction or breakdowns and take appropriate action to prevent/minimize the loss of services.
• Maintains thorough and accurate records of all required inspections, to include state, federal and OSHA inspections.
• Directs or performs minor electrical and emergency plumbing repairs.
• Insures all staff is trained on OSHA and all other applicable safety codes.
• Maintains inventory of supplies, equipment and direct purchases.
• Follows the preventive maintenance, energy management and standard operations procedures for all equipment.
• Performs other duties as assigned by the Director of Operations and General Manager
Graduation from high school or the equivalent, a minimum ten (10) years experience in the operation and maintenance of a large building, including HVAC, electrical, plumbing and structural.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Prior facility management experience essential
• Must have working knowledge of facility-related trades and skills
• Knowledge of safety precautions applicable to building equipment and repair.
• In-depth knowledge of OSHA, fire, ANSI and building codes
• Extensive knowledge of major air conditioning, heating operations and building maintenance procedures.
• Computer skills a must, to include computer-based environmental and mechanical control of systems.
• Ability to prioritize and to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
• Work independently, exercising sound judgment and initiative.
• Must be able to maintain an effective working relationship with clients, employees, exhibitors, patrons and others encountered in the course of employment.
• Ability to work irregular/extended hours, including night, weekend and holiday duties as required. Must be available for after hour emergency calls.
This position offers a competitive salary and benefit package. Resumes must include salary requirements for consideration and may be sent to:
Martha Rangel, American Bank Center
1901 N Shoreline, Corpus Christi, TX 78401
SMG is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/W/V/D