The company is seeking a CFO who will be a key player in driving and maintaining growth and building out the company human and financial capital. The CFO is responsible for providing overall guidance on all accounting and financial aspects of the business. Develop and implement a growth and financial strategy, as well as relevant reports and statements to correlate operational and financial data. The CFO will provide forecasts on the financial impact of business decisions, helping the executive team make informed economic decisions about the future of the Company.
Essential Duties and Job Responsibilities:
- Directs and oversees all aspects of the finance, accounting, budget, tax, regulatory and audit activities/functions of the organization.
- Develops the corporate finance and accounting organization and recommends necessary and appropriate changes to ensure development of an effective and efficient organization. Recruits, develops, manages and mentors professionals and makes both compensation and promotion recommendations to senior management.
- Participates in the decision making process regarding the Company’s business interests including merger/acquisitions, providing input on decision making criteria and recommendations for optimal courses of action. Once a merger/acquisition is completed, assures successful accounting systems and procedures are integrated effectively into the company.
- Evaluate and advise on the impact of long range planning, introduction of new strategies and products & services
- Effectively communicate the long- and short-term impact of business decisions to all levels of the organization, identifying potential risks as well as potential for return; must have a thorough understanding of work in both competitive and regulated environments.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret complex documents, and respond effectively to sensitive inquiries or complaints.
- Develop and create credibility by providing timely and accurate analysis of financial reports and trends, and develop innovative solutions to business challenges.
- Provide strategic financial input and leadership on decision making issues impacting the organization.
- Evaluate the organizational needs and requirements then work to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of processes.
- Engage in regular and periodic reviews with CEO and Management Team.
- Negotiate customer contracts.
- Develop Management Reporting, Budgeting/Forecasting, Cash flow Projection
- Develops and participates in the planning/budgeting/forecasting process by providing both a financial and business perspective and assuring the financial integrity of quantified results of these activities. Manages area of responsibility within limits of approved budget.
- Through analysis and review, recommends opportunities for profit improvement, productivity enhancement and cost reduction.
- Manage tax strategy and outside tax counsel/ advisors
- Minimum of a BA/BS degree; and CPA or MBA
- Minimum 5 years’ experience as CFO or equivalent senior financial executive with appropriate industry specific experience in the competitive, regulated telecommunications environment and/or technology industry.
- Extensive experience with Financial Planning and Analysis, Complex Financial modeling, Pricing modeling, business strategy, Cash Flow & Financial budgeting/forecasting, Return on Investment modeling, and Business Valuation.
- Proven ability to work effectively with a wide variety of individuals to accomplish both financial and operational goals.
- Ability to oversee planning, tax, regulatory compliance and risk management functions.
- Requires superior knowledge of GAAP rules and regulatory reporting. Successful track record of issuing timely and accurate financial information in accordance with generally acceptable accounting rules and regulations.
- Energetic, forward-thinking and creative individual with high ethical standards and professional image
- Strategic visionary with sound technical skills, analytical ability, good judgment, and a strong operational focus
- Decisiveness with the ability grasp and share the “big picture” perspective
- Ability to read and comprehend contract language, and negotiate terms and provisions
- Well organized and self-directed team player, with a diplomatic approach in contentious situations and conversations
- An intelligent and articulate speaker with excellent communications skills who can relate to people at all levels of the organization and sell ideas
Telmate - 13 months ago