The Chief Financial Officer will to partner with the CEO and help drive the strategy and growth of the business. The ideal candidate should have strong financial experience earned in professional service or consulting businesses with a solid understanding of unique consulting firm metrics and profitability drivers. The CFO will manage all financial aspects of the company including policies, procedures, reporting, systems & planning, and should be proactive in providing financial and analytical information, insight and perspective to the CEO and Practice Leaders to help drive revenue and profit margins.
Role & Responsibilities :
Reporting to the CEO, the CFO will serve as a value added business partner and be responsible for all financial aspects of the company. The CFO needs to be an experienced financial executive who has helped scale a professional services firm while evolving financial reporting, controls, systems and planning. The CFO will be a visible leader in the organization and help build a high performance team to assist the organization in achieving its growth strategy. Other responsibilities include:
- Provide tools that enable the CEO and Practice Leaders to pursue growth both organically and through acquisitions.
- Create standardized monthly reports, and as needed daily and weekly reports, that provide accurate and timely data to the business and investors.
- Report information regarding actual vs. forecasted performance and KPIs to monitor company performance.
- Provide tight controls over expenses and capital expenditures.
- Select and implement best in class financial systems and professional services automation tools.
- Manage relationships with lenders and investors.
- Support M&A activities as needed.
- Minimum 12 – 15 years in financial management roles of increasing responsibility earned in a consulting environment; public accounting experience preferred.
- BS in Accounting, Finance, Business or related field; MBA preferred.
- CPA required.
- Expert knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles, internal control systems and financial reporting/analysis.
- Knowledge and experience selecting and implementing financial and professional service automation tools; ability to be hands-on in the implementation of business systems and process improvement initiatives.
- Experience working with private equity and proven ability to communicate effectively with BOD and external constituents.
- Proven hands-on financial experience earned in a fast pace, growth environment; ability to thrive in a middle market company environment.
Alsbridge, Inc. - 21 months ago
copy to clipboard