Oversee the accounting, audit, grants & contract and payroll functions of a mid-size not-for-profit social services organization with a 14 member financial department. Work in collaboration with the Executive Director, Board of Directors and management team. Liaison with a variety of staff, bankers, venders and government representatives. Supervise directly four professional staff.
- Supervise the department directors responsible for audit, general ledger and grants & contracts, and the chief accountant responsible for payroll.
- Work with HR on matters pertaining to payroll processing and various audits of personnel.
- Prepare BronxWorks’ annual consolidated and A133 draft financial statements.
- Prepare BronxWorks’ 990 questionnaires for submission to BronxWorks’ outside auditors.
- Help formulate BronxWorks’ annual budget.
- Work with the audit unit in responding to compliance audit findings, and prepare audit appeals as warranted.
- Work with the general ledger unit on matters of internal controls and accounting systems.
- Coordinate with the director of accounting regarding the preparation, review and presentation of BronxWorks’ quarterly financial reports to the Executive Director and the Board.
- Work with the grants and contract unit regarding review, signing and submission of monthly, quarterly, and bi-annual reports to various government funders, e.g City, State and Federal, and to other third parties
- Track and discuss BronxWorks’ cash flow needs with the Executive Director.
- Liaison with bankers, funding sources, various program directors and external accounting firms.
- Work with the Executive Director on BronxWorks’ strategic plan and other special projects.
- As a member of BronxWorks’ management team, collaborate on various projects, RFPs, and tracking and reconciliation of fund raising campaigns.
- Represent BronxWorks on matters of advocacy as they pertains to funding issues, budget cuts, program and audit compliance issues.
- Advanced degree in accounting or CPA preferred
- Ten plus years of experience in not-for-profit sector
- Auditing background very desirable
- Ability to problem solve and multi-task a must
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Knowledge of accounting systems
- Ability to interact and work with a variety of staff, board, accounting firms, bankers, venders and funders
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
Commensurate with Experience
Posting Expiration Date:
Bridgestar - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard