FINCA International, one of the world's leading microfinance institutions, provides financial services to more than 950,000 clients through 21 wholly-owned and operated subsidiaries in Africa, Eurasia, Latin American and the Greater Middle East. FINCA International is currently looking for Chief Financial Officers (CFOs) for its subsidiaries in Africa, based in one of the countries of operation in the region. The CFO is directly responsible for managing all finance and accounting activities of a FINCA subsidiary, and supervises its entire financial staff. S/he will ensure that the finance activities will support the FINCA subsidiary in pursuing its mission with a minimum of risk and a maximum of efficiency. As a member of the Management Team, s/he shares responsibility for the overall performance and activities of the FINCA subsidiary, and participates in making decisions on material issues.
- Degree in Accounting with CPA/ACCA or Chartered Accountancy equivalent required, Master’s Degree is preferred,
- Minimum experience of 5 years,
- International experience desirable, exposure working in the region an asset,
- Extensive experience in best-practice financial management of a company, desirably a bank or other regulated financial institution, experience working for the big 4 audit firms an asset,
- Financial analysis-long/med/short term financial planning,
- Experience working with US GAAP or IFRS, knowledge of local statutory accounting standards a plus,
- Demonstrated abilities in budget preparation and management, and general ledger management,
- Treasury management,
- Thorough understanding of operational risk of a financial institution,
- Proficient in MS Office suite, good understanding of IT issues and the role and possibilities of IT in financial management, familiarity with implementing and working with complex integrated management information and accounting systems (including database management),
- Fluency in English required, knowledge of French - desirable.
FINCA International Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
FINCA International - 21 months ago