GENERAL JOB Description
Responsibilities include : The successful candidate will be responsible for The leadership and direction of all mine geology activities at theTurquoise Ridge mine site. They will work to allign the activities of the Geology department with the short term and strategic goals of the operation. Specific areas of oversight include ore control, drill program execution, resource estimation, core lab and assay lab operations and the continuing development of department personnel. The Chief Geologist will be expected to lead by example and to ensure the department employs safe working practices and behaviors. Other duties as assigned.
BASIC REQUIREMENTS: To be considered for this job, applicants must meet these basic requirements:
BARRICK IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
- Bachelor’s degree in Geology, Geological Engineering or related field required
- Minimum of five(5)years underground mine experience at multiple locations required
- Demonstrated knowledge of ore control, drill program and resource estimation processes required
- Demonstrated leadership ability required
- Demonstrated commitment to ensuring safe work practices required
- The ability to act as a Qualified Person as defined by NI430101 prefered
- Excellent verbal, written, presentaion and interpersonal skills required
- Proficient in Microsoft Office computer software (Excel, Word and PowerPoint) required
- Ability to regularly walk over uneve, sloped, rocky, wet or icy ground safely required
- Demonstrated ability to perform the essential functions of the position required
Barrick Gold Corporation - 21 months ago
In the world of mining, Barrick's name is golden. The company became the world's #1 gold producer (ahead of Newmont Mining and...