Provides leadership and vision for information technology architecture and strategy as it relates to business, infrastructure, data network, application architecture, and security of electronic information assets. Responsible for planning and deployment of the information technology systems, data and infrastructure platforms. Research, review, analyze, recommend, and implement enterprise information frameworks, standards, architectures and governance processes. Work ranges from conceptual and strategic to tactical and includes integrating current architectures and initiatives as well as initiating and overseeing the deployment of new information technology architecture projects.
- Defines and creates standards, guidelines, and quality of service criteria for enabling and implementing architected business, application, data and technical software systems.Ensures recommended architecture supports rapid system or process application development and deployment, taking into account the differing evolution cycles of the systems applications being deployed.Creates and reviews architecture models for business processes and services. Leads definition of infrastructure, network, data and application architectures.
- Strategic Planning
- Works with ICS Leadership to plan and integrate short- and long-term technology options into overall ICS Strategic Plan.
- Assesses options, risks and cost-benefit as it pertains to data architecture, security, and other technology issues.
- Leads contingency planning for integration issues and impact on existing architecture, capabilities, system priorities, technology solutions, and other business processes.
- Maintains and manages IT portfolio
- Develops, maintains and enforces frameworks, standards and processes to ensure effective IT-Business alignment and value-add service provision to Valerus
- Adheres to best practices that support the information security policy and ensures that architecture enhancements address issues pertaining to the availability, confidentiality and integrity of electronic information assets
- Develops and maintains business contingency plans in response to catastrophic business interruption
- Works with the Information Security Architect to ensure compliance with standards and currency with industry security norms
- Leads the evaluation and selection of security applications and systems
- Consults with senior IT and business leaders regarding their information security risks and responsibilities in minimizing those risks
- Works with all IT groups to ensure compliance with all applicable regulatory, legal or industry standards.
- Works with internal audit to facilitate proper assessment, gap analysis and remediation for applicable compliance regimes.
- Business Process and IT Asset Optimization:
- Establishes, participates and maintains relationships with business area and ICS departments to remain appraised of issues and risks related to architecture, infrastructure, and security of assets.
- Provides ongoing evaluation of technology solutions and capabilities to ensure alignment with business objectives and identify areas of risks and opportunities
- Demonstrated knowledge in both technical and applied business areas: business technology strategy and consulting, technology planning and management, and business process and data modeling
- Four-year degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or a related technical degree or equivalent experience. Masters degree preferred.
- 10 years hands-on experience in architecting, designing, developing and implementing complex systems and security measures with 6-8 years management experience in the Utility industry preferred
- CISA, PMP, TOGAF and ITIL certifications strongly preferred
- 7 years IT Project management, business analysis, and planning
- Superior communication skills with the ability to present technical topics to non-technical audiences and build partnerships with business area leaders and external solution providers
- Demonstrated commitment to continuous personal improvement of business and technical skills, including the ability to learn and apply new technologies and techniques
- Strong service attitude and a commitment to quality and timely delivery of results
- Demonstrated track record with architecting enterprise system architectures with experience in interactive/prototype development methodologies
- Possesses wide base of experience in many disciplines of information technology including:
- Application Program Interfaces (APIs), Messaging (middleware) Software and Interoperability Techniques and Standards
- Database Management Systems and Data Warehousing
- Business Intelligence and Analysis
- Development Methodologies and Development Tools
- Web Services Technologies
- Mobile and Wireless Technologies
- Telecommunications and Telephony
- Completion of an undergraduate degree in MIS or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
- Possession of a CISA, PMP, TOGAF, ITL certificate
- Minimum of 15 years of experience in multiple IT disciplines and areas which includes experience in IT and 1 management experience
- Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly (Constantly: activity or condition exists 2/3 or more of the time) to move objects. Physical demand requirements are in excess of those for Sedentary Work. Even though the weight lifted may be only a negligible amount, a job should be rated Light Work: (1) when it requires walking or standing to a significant degree; or (2) when it requires sitting most of the time but entails pushing and/or pulling of arm or leg controls; and/or (3) when the job requires working at a production rate pace entailing the constant pushing and/or pulling of materials even though the weight of those materials is negligible. NOTE: The constant stress and strain of maintaining a production rate pace, especially in an industrial setting, can be and is physically demanding of a worker even though the amount of force exerted is negligible.
Valerus - 20 months ago
Valerus Compression Services serves the compression needs of the oil and gas industry. Its products, which are used in older wells, include...