The Chief Information Officer will be responsible for
providing executive leadership and strategic direction for Carhartt’s overall
Information Services (IS) to ensure the organization meets its business
objectives. This role encompasses a global user community. The CIO is
responsible for delivery of solutions to support the challenging needs of the
business with optimal level of investment in tools and technologies. They
effectively lead and develop people and align process and technology in the
pursuit of strategic business outcomes. They are a bridge
and convey technology-related information and knowledge throughout the
organization. This person is also a consummate
communicator, influencer and builds meaningful relationships outside of the IS
function and across all levels and locations of Carhartt. This person is a
member of the Senior Management Team, drives IS planning and strategy, manages
budgets, and oversees all IS operations.
C HIEF RESPONSBILITIES
1. Collaboration and Influence
2. Information Broker
- Partner with Executive Team members to develop and execute the long term strategies of
- Support the changing needs of the company to meet quality, regulatory and compliance
- Highly collaborative with stakeholders throughout the Company, to ensure the IS vision
and strategy is in line with the needs of the organization.
- Create innovative partnerships that span the Company and reach beyond its’ walls.
3. Generate Ideas and Technology Solutions to Enhance Business Processes
- Provide insight to support business decisions.
- Anticipate business needs and provide adequate and sufficient information quickly and
- Knowledge of Carhartt’s business, products and service lines.
- Oversee IS due diligence on new business applications and infrastructure opportunities.
- Keep abreast of emerging technologies and industry best practices and determine their utility to Carhartt.
- Proactively gather internal and external business inputs and stakeholder impressions.
- Enable business functions and process to enhance their innovation and idea generation
- Set and align IS vision and strategy with Carhartt’s overall business objective.
- Manage technology portfolio generated from technology plans that ensures technological alignment with the Company’s strategic plan.
- Align and build effective groups both within IS and across all functions.
- Provide leadership and direction to the IS department, including strategy for training
and development of the IS team.
- Responsible for the performance, training and development of the IS Team.
Key Performance Indicators:
Execution – Control
the impact of IS spend on the organization and ensure the IS and security needs
are up and running while measuring customer and partner satisfaction.
Enablement – Provide
insight to support business decisions, enhance business processes by being an
active business partner and ultimately improve business efficiency and support
Expansion – Prepare
and develop organization for change and shape the future of the business with
the right technology and focus opportunities to improve IS efficiency and
- Bachelor’s degree is required, Master of Science or MBA is preferred.
- 10 years progressive IS management, with at least 5 years of CIO Level experience required.
- Apparel, Retail or Consumer Products industry experience is preferred.
- Experience leading technology efforts in an environment with significant internal
manufacturing, ecommerce, retail and distribution environments.
- Ability to view the business holistically, across functional, union and regional boundaries.
- Experience addressing a wide variety of technology issues in an innovative manner.
- Considerable executive presence.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- People development capabilities.
- Proven ability and affinity for building value-added relationships with the leaders of the business, and be able to serve as an outstanding technology strategist.
- SAP experience is required, AFS is preferred.
- Experience in advising, counseling and working with the executive team and other stakeholders.
- Approximately 30% of required travel
- Normal office environment
- Carhartt is a tobacco free workplace
- Pre-employment drug screen and background check
Carhartt reserves the right to change, modify, suspend, interpret or cancel in whole or in any part, the job duties outlined above at any time and without advance notice to the employee.
Carhartt is an equal opportunity employer/M/F/V/D
Carhartt, Inc. - 20 months ago