The Chief Information Officer's role is to provide vision and leadership for developing and implementing information technology initiatives. The Chief Information Officer directs the planning and implementation of enterprise IT systems in support of business operations in order to improve cost effectiveness, service quality and business development. This individual is responsible for all aspects of the organization's information technology and systems.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide employees with top quality, consistently available computer service, support, training and maintenance of all computer systems used throughout the company.
- Responsible for procuring, installing and maintaining all computer hardware and software and all other products and supplies necessary to keep computer systems operable and to fulfill managements requests for computer support. Act as liaison between hardware and software suppliers and management for informational updates and problem resolution.
- Create, maintain and enforce written policies and procedures regarding all computer operations in the IT Department and throughout the Company.
- Compile and review records to determine department productivity, quality of output and cost of service. Develop methods to continually improve results.
- Evaluate new equipment, software and processes continuously, recommend changes as appropriate, and supervise their installation.
- Perform all functions of personnel management of department employees.
- Maintain security of all data proprietary to the company and provide for the complete backup of all computer systems in case of system failure or disaster.
- Lead and participate in overall business technology planning, bringing a current knowledge and future vision of technology and systems as related to the company’s competitive position.
- Determine long-term information needs and develop an overall strategy for systems development and hardware acquisition and integration.
- Collaborate with senior business leaders to develop and create a strategy that aligns with and helps drive the company’s strategic business plan.
- Develop, implement and maintain a strategy to ensure Coast has the skills and capabilities needed.
- Lead the communication of the newly created technology strategy throughout the organization.
- Develop and oversee a culture of delivering business value and customer satisfaction.
- Ensure the security and protection of Coast’s information systems and equipment. Must be familiar with Information Security requirements.
- Responsible for development and management of the departments budget.
- Create, coordinate, and evaluate programs and supporting information systems of the company.
- Assist in performing all tasks necessary to achieve the organization's mission and help execute staff succession and growth plans.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Experience in strategic planning and execution.
- Knowledge of contracting, negotiating, and change management.
- Knowledge of standard concepts, practices and procedures to support Active Directory
- Knowledge of a range of network systems, protocols, and applications.
- Knowledge and understanding of WAN/LAN environments.
- Knowledge of a broad range of relevant multi-user computer systems, applications, and/or equipment.
- Work requires professional written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to effectively manage time and multiple projects to meet deadlines
- Ability to communicate technical information to non-technical personnel.
- Ability to determine technical problems and to coordinate hardware and/or software solutions.
- Ability to comply with rules, regulations, laws and methods as related to debt collection
- Ability to motivate teams to produce quality materials within tight timeframes and simultaneously manage several projects.
- Ability to participate in and facilitate group meetings.
- Work requires willingness to work a flexible schedule.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to present ideas in a clear and concise manner.
- Exceptional documentation skills
- Demonstrated strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Establish a good working relationship with team members and internal contacts in order to maintain and continuously strive to improve the level of overall service being provided
- Professional attitude, enthusiastic, and reliable
- Ability to undergo and pass a federal background check
Education & Experience
- Masters degree in information technology, computer science, management or related field.
- Ten to fifteen years related experience and/or training;
- Equivalent combination of education and experience.
Work may require frequent weekend and evening work. This position has limited travel requirements and may require overnight travel.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands or finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Coast Professional, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.
Coast Professional, Inc. - 30+ days ago