If interested, please contact:
Claire Connolly at Phillips DiPisa
62 Derby Street, Hingham, MA 02043
This is an exclusive retained search
The CIO ensures that IT at HA is well-managed, proactive, and progressive to support the clinical mission of the hospital. The CIO provides vision and leadership for developing and implementing IT initiatives. He/she directs the planning and implementation of enterprise IT systems in support of business operations in order to improve cost effectiveness, service quality, and business development. This individual is responsible for all aspects of the organization’s IT and systems, infrastructure, telecommunications, and digital security agenda.
The CIO is responsible for the management of the IT division as well as championing the digital security agenda and enrolling senior management and leadership for their guidance and support. He/she will oversee an annual operating budget of $6 million and 38 FTEs, with four direct reports, in the Information Technology and Telecommunications departments .
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
Job duties as a CIO :
Managerial Duties :
- Provides strategic direction to coordinate IT, telecommunications, and technology system strategies which complement HA’s strategic objectives.
- Facilitates system wide input into information and telecommunications systems strategic planning, implementation, benefit realization, resource utilization, information security, and service levels.
- Coordinates all HA IT integration for the Hospital.
- Oversees the daily management, coordination, development, selection, installation, operation, and maintenance of all information and telecommunications systems and services within HA and among its business partners.
- Evaluates and makes recommendations for new technologies and their impact on HA’s overall and IT strategies.
- Prudently negotiates contracts for information, telecommunications, and technology-based systems hardware, software, support, maintenance, and consulting to ensure effective and efficient resource utilization.
- Develops and manages operating and capital budgets.
- Develops policies and procedures for contingency and disaster planning.
- Develops policies, procedures and quality control programs for the IT division and the organization as a whole when dealing with systems issues.
- Creates and maintains an educational environment for IT and telecommunications staff to ensure ongoing professional development.
- Plans facilities development for applications, technical support, customer service center, and telecommunications departments, as well as any user training areas.
- Oversees all IT activities at HA. Leads direct reports to ensure high-quality implementations and support activities.
- Provides innovative and proactive management, including the attraction, retention and development of high-quality staff.
- Integrates biomedical and other technologies as they become available.
- Optimizes ongoing cost effectiveness and quality of HA’s IT systems and telecommunications services.
- Related responsibilities as required.
- Fosters continuous awareness of HA’s efforts to ensure that all work outcomes satisfy the HealthAlliance Four Pillars: Quality, Finance, Patient-Centered Care/People, and Growth.
- Develops, maintains, and monitors operating budgets, processes and performance metrics.
- Initiates strategies and promotes creative thinking to continually improve quality, operating efficiency, service, and financial performance.
- Maintains, manages, and motivates a technically competent, progressive, high-performing organization capable of fulfilling current and future demands. Creates a dynamic, flexible culture ready to address the constantly changing organizational demands and in which professional growth and mentoring are valued.
- Ensures a high degree of teamwork among managers and between departments in order to maximize the combined result of their efforts.
- Fosters an open, collaborative, trusting, positive work environment within functional areas to effectively contribute to HA’s mission.
- Communicates ideas and goals clearly and is an effective listener. Ensures that information is effectively communicated and shared throughout the organization; provides and ensures that all are open to constructive feedback.
- Maintains knowledge of competitive trends and techniques in the field of management as well as of the incumbent’s area of specialization. Recommends and implements new methods and processes where appropriate to continually support the evolving needs of HA in a very competitive, dynamic business environment.
- Directs and supervises assigned personnel, including performance management, scheduling, orientation, and training. Makes recommendations for employee hires, transfers, promotions, salary changes, disciplinary actions, terminations, and similar actions. Resolves grievances and other personnel problems in a fair, timely, and consistent manner.
JOB KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Proven skills in project management, contracting, general management, strategic planning, program development, negotiations, analysis, organization, and presentations.
- Demonstrated skill in managing large operating and capital budgets.
- Ability to plan, organize, and direct a high-performing and progressive IT department.
- The ability to promote customer service, communication, teamwork, and timeliness.
- Skill in working with senior leaders and communicating technical concepts to a non-technical audience.
- Proven success with physician relations.
- Collaborative with the ability to gain acceptance and agreement with IT strategy.
- Knowledge of telecommunications hardware, software, services, and programs.
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal skills. Confident and articulate.
- A proactive planner and problem solver
- A results-oriented, appropriate risk taker. Innovative and progressive.
- Bachelor’s degree required, master’s degree in business, hospital administration, MIS, or related strongly preferred.
An equivalent combination of education and experience which provides proficiency in the areas of responsibility listed above may be substituted for the above education and experience requirements.
- Eight to ten years of management experience in hospital IT, including the implementation of major clinical and financial applications.
- Experience developing an IT strategic plan and assessing new technology.
- Knowledge of a formal/structured IT security risk assessment methodology. Ability to represent the digital security viewpoint through excellent communication skills to both a technical and a non-technical audience.
- Experience at a health system level a plus.
- Experience with Siemens applications a plus.
Apply for this job:
- Apply for this job online
- Refer a friend to this job
HealthAlliance Hospital - 23 months ago